A New Concertina's Player

Hóla. Bienvenido.

Tell us more about your instrument (and/or about you).

Your screen name suggests you also play Pipe and Tabor. So do I. Are you, by any chance, the J.S. whose posts I have read on the Pipe & Tabor e-mail list? The screen name you use is similar to his web site domain name.

Hello!

I'm from Spain, and yesterday I bought my first "concertina", so I am a new player of this instrument. What a beautiful instrument!

In Spain are 2:30 hours now, so I'm going to bed. It's very late!

See you in the forums.

Bye!

Hola tamborileru y bienvenido

Just a few questions.... How did you come to start playing the Concertina, what type of Concertina do you have and what music are you interested in playing on it?

- W

Hello!

My instrument is a HOHNER. The label says: "CONCERTINA D40/9 WOOD".

I am what in Salamanca is named a "tamborilero" (in lionese language, "tamborileru"). I am in a list in yahoo.es named "tamborileros".

There is a page asociated to this list: http://www.tamborileros.com

Mi nick in this list is "tamborileru" too. I don't know is this list that you say.

I have a personal page too: http://www.lanzadera.com/josebenito

And that's all.

Bye!

P.D. I'm sorry, my English is very bad an poor.

Hello!

I'am started to play concertina because I sow it in a instrument's shop and I falled in love of "she". :-) So I went into the shop and I bought it.

The concertina's label says "CONCERTINA D40/9 WOOD". Is a HOHNER.

Now I am learning to play concertina whith Spanish songs (like "La Rianxeira", from Galicia, or "El garrotín", from Asturias), but I whish to learn Irish music too because I think taht this instrument is made to play this kind of music.

It's difficult but... IT'S POSSIBLE!

See you tomorrow.

Bye!

Hello! :)

I'll have to ask my daughter to read your webpage for me. She speaks Spanish and has been to Salamanca twice. She translated some of my own songs, from English to Spanish, for me to sing -- but, other than that I'm quite lost when reading other languages.

Hello!

I'am started to play concertina because I sow it in a instrument's shop and I falled in love of "she". :-) So I went into the shop and I bought it.

The concertina's label says "CONCERTINA D40/9 WOOD". Is a HOHNER.

Now I am learning to play concertina whith Spanish songs (like "La Rianxeira", from Galicia, or "El garrotín", from Asturias), but I whish to learn Irish music too because I think taht this instrument is made to play this kind of music.

It's difficult but... IT'S POSSIBLE!

See you tomorrow.

Bye!

There is a page asociated to this list: http://www.tamborileros.com
The "J.S." I mentioned in my earlier post was Juanma Sanchez, who runs that web site. I didn't want to mention the name in case it was you and you didn't want to be "outed." But it's now clear you are not him.
Mi nick in this list is "tamborileru" too. I don't know is this list that you say.
The one I was talking about is here (in English). Juanma's page lists a Spanish one, as well, here.

Enjoy your concertina.

Hello!

Juanma Sánchez is a friend of mine. He lives in Madrid but he's from Extremadura. His page is a very good job, and has a lot of information about this instrument ("gaita y tamboril", pipe and tabor).

Ah, I forget it! My concertina has ten (10) buttons in each side. In the Spanish version of Wikipedia says that it's a "anglo" concertina.

Hello, "bellowbelle"!

I'm sorry, my personal page is only in Spanish. Perhaps in the future I will make a version in other languages (like English and French). But you must wait for this some time.

Wow! It's 2:15 AM. It's very late! All the days happens to me the same. :-)

Bye! See you tomorrow!

I looked at your website and enjoyed seeing the pictures of the Tabor and Pipe. It seems to me, that if you can play those two instruments together, that you would have no trouble playing the concertina.

Y creo que Ud habla muy bien Ingles.

Yvonne

Some here are Americans. Our English isn't very good either.

My first box was a D40. It's fun. Enjoy it. Eventually you'll wear it out. The buttons will start sticking and the valves won't close properly, but by then you'll be an addict and they'll have you, so start thinking about what you want in your next concertina now. ;)

jejeje My next concertina! First of all, I must learn to play this.

You have all the reason: it's funny! In the future, perhaps I'll have other concertina. In others instruments have more than one too: pipes (4), tabors (4), tin whistle (4), "txistu" (like the pipes of Salamanca, but in Basque Country stile),...

But I am a new player and, now, whith only one concertina it's fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Ah Asturias. Fantastic place. Been there twice. Want to go back.

What can you tell us about the festivals in and around Galacia, Asturias, Cantabria ? Salamanca too.

It would be nice to know the dates and whereabouts of the festivals in that area

I was at one in Aviles at the begining of August a couple of years ago. Lots of bagpipes. Main square was packed with people.

Great cider up there too. And as for cheese !! Wow! Cabrales great stuff.

Chas

Edited by fidjit

Really, Asturias is a wonderful land.

Festivals? There is a lot of festivals in Spain, but I know only a few of them (and I have been in less that I would like).

The names of festivals (and date aprox.) are:

- ORTIGUEIRA. Galicia. Summer. Is the most famous festival of folk music in Spain.

- FOLK GUETXO. Basque Country. First days in semtember.

- ETNOHELMÁNTICA. Salamanca. Second week of september.

- INTERCÉLTICO SENDIM. Sendim (near Miranda do Douro. PORTUGAL)

You can see that I don't know many festivals. But all of them are good festivals. If I remember more, I put them into this forum.

Ah! the Cabrales (a very, very, very good cheese from Asturias), with some of "sidrina" (asturian cider)... WOW!!

If you go to Basque Country, don't miss the vasque food. "Idiazabal" cheese is very, very, very good too, and vasque cider is very good too. Well in Salamanca... is very long to say, better came to Salamanca and EAT!

Really, Asturias is a wonderful land.

Festivals? There is a lot of festivals in Spain, but I know only a few of them (and I have been in less that I would like).

The names of festivals (and date aprox.) are:

- ORTIGUEIRA. Galicia. Summer. Is the most famous festival of folk music in Spain.

- FOLK GUETXO. Basque Country. First days in semtember.

- ETNOHELMÁNTICA. Salamanca. Second week of september.

- INTERCÉLTICO SENDIM. Sendim (near Miranda do Douro. PORTUGAL)

You can see that I don't know many festivals. But all of them are good festivals. If I remember more, I put them into this forum.

Ah! the Cabrales (a very, very, very good cheese from Asturias), with some of "sidrina" (asturian cider)... WOW!!

If you go to Basque Country, don't miss the vasque food. "Idiazabal" cheese is very, very, very good too, and vasque cider is very good too. Well in Salamanca... is very long to say, better came to Salamanca and EAT!

Ah Thanks. I'll check Google out for some websites.

Chas