Chemnitzer......change To Anglo Layout ?

Thought about it. If it has individual reed pairs, could work out OK, but if it's long plate reeds you would probably have to have new plates made at enormous cost.

I'm pretty happy with the right hand side of my standard Chemnitzer keyboard for playing in A, G and D, in fact I was even considering changing a couple of the notes on my 40 key Crabb to similar fingering positions. It is the left hand side where I would like a little more similarity to the anglo.

One day when I have time to work on my own instruments rather than everyone else's.... :D

MC

Thought about it. If it has individual reed pairs, could work out OK, but if it's long plate reeds you would probably have to have new plates made at enormous cost.

I'm pretty happy with the right hand side of my standard Chemnitzer keyboard for playing in A, G and D, in fact I was even considering changing a couple of the notes on my 40 key Crabb to similar fingering positions. It is the left hand side where I would like a little more similarity to the anglo.

One day when I have time to work on my own instruments rather than everyone else's.... :D

MC

Definetly left side first ! AARGH ! Long plate reeds...wouldn't you just know it !

Edited by Jack Bradshaw