Button Box #500

Alas, if you could only produce them with traditional reeds and produce an instrument under $3000 you would probably have the concertina world beating a path to your door.
All in due time....

-- Rich --

Sigh.. and by that point I will probably be married and have a family and not be able to afford $3000... oh well.

Maybe when I am old and grey :).

--

Bill

Alas, if you could only produce them with traditional reeds and produce an instrument under $3000 you would probably have the concertina world beating a path to your door.
All in due time....

-- Rich --

Sigh.. and by that point I will probably be married and have a family and not be able to afford $3000... oh well.

--

Bill

Are you saying you are able to afford $3000 now?

Well, set them aside and don't even touch. Don't tell anyone.

In due time...

All in due time....

-- Rich --

--

Bill

Have no fears Bill. If you marry the 'right' woman, she will understand completely about your needing a $3K Morse with traditional reeds. If she doesn't ... she's definitely the wrong chick.

Find a fellow geek. Or, if that term is not to your liking, another hobbyist. They are endlessly sympathetic.

Lucy

Owner of Morse #486

Have no fears Bill. If you marry the 'right' woman, she will understand completely about your needing a $3K Morse with traditional reeds. If she doesn't ... she's definitely the wrong chick.

Find a fellow geek. Or, if that term is not to your liking, another hobbyist. They are endlessly sympathetic.

Lucy

Owner of Morse #486

Bill, even better advice is to marry a woman who can afford to buy the box for you!

Jeff Myers (about to play #423) ;)

All in due time....

-- Rich --

--

Bill

Lucy

Owner of Morse #486

Lucy,

Why do you assume that the limitation would be a wife who does not understand? Last I checked, having a family and raising them were rather expensive propositions. Once a man gets married, he has got to put the interest of his family first. I am not that worried, I have a couple of nice concertinas (And Edgley and a Kennsington), and I should still be able to swing my Suttner when it is ready... its just there is always the next box calling my name :).

--

Bill

Lucy,

Why do you assume that the limitation would be a wife who does not understand? Last I checked, having a family and raising them were rather expensive propositions. Once a man gets married, he has got to put the interest of his family first. I am not that worried, I have a couple of nice concertinas (And Edgley and a Kennsington), and I should still be able to swing my Suttner when it is ready... its just there is always the next box calling my name :).

But in order to raise the kids properly, you'll need to be sure that you have a good concertina for each of them. Just always make sure you have one more child than you have concertinas. B)

If you like that logic, I should dig out my Brooklyn Bridge sales brochures.
:D

The number of concertinas needed can be expressed as follows:

C=N+1

Where "N" = the number of concertinas you currently own.

For myself, I have found this formula is accurate when applied to the number of fiddles needed by simply substituting "F" for "C"

Randy

Lucy,

--

Bill

1) Show off!!! :D You have an Edgley AND a Kensington? I love my Morse but pine for an Edgley. I love the sound of the Edgleys. Mr. Kensington isn't taking orders at the present time (and good for him for putting his health first) so I have stopped lusting after his 'tinas ... I think the next poster is genius. C=N+1. Yup.

2) I didn't assume the limitation would be a wife who does not understand. I am a wife. And a mother of 3. I am also, technically, a majority breadwinner. And the payer of massive private daycare bills ... don't even mention adoption expenses. I just know that not every couple agrees on how to spend the limited resources of the family unit. It is important to find someone who understands that spousal happiness is as important as private daycare and more important than brand new cars (unless you can afford both).

OTOH, my SIL would never trade her brand new Mercedes wagon for my concertina or Otter's large format camera.

I love her. Despite her messed up values. :P

Lucy

PS: If you can find a wife who can afford your concertina habit ... and she is nice to you ... you might want to consider her strongly.