30 Key C/g Herrington Anglo For Sale

Delbert Blackketter

I have a Herrington 30 button C/G Anglo for sale - Wheatstone standard layout, metal ends, 7-fold bellows, with baffles, wooden case, and having new straps. It was recently given a once over, adjusted and re-tuned by Harold Herrington. It's in very good condition. It does not seem to know as many tunes as I had anticipated.

I bought this used from this site, and find that while waiting to procure an Anglo, I became addicted to my Stagi miniature 18 key English. I prefer the tonal ubiquitity of the English to the 'now where did they put THAT note' of the Anglo.

Harold tells me he made this specifically for a Texas regional entertainer. I believe the age is approaching ten (10) years, but may be wrong.

MODIFIED INFORMATION FOLLOWS - - - as of August 15th

I would like to get ( fair value in the vicinity of approximately $1,200.US ) or entertain serious offers. In the US, but will ship to anywhere.

NEW INFO: I will be posting this instrument on E-Bay over the weekend at a reserve of zero/0. I will add a few photographs and even possibly sound clips. My E-Bay ID is 'Delbert_WB'

QUESTION: Does anyone need to see the internal mechanisms on the box? Will slice it open if needed.

For those who may be unfamiliar, this instrument is an accordion-reeded Anglo concertina. I would assess it as being suitable for use as:

- a beginner's instrument.

It plays very well, is sturdy, and is not too large of a jump, relatively speaking, in initial cost

- a step up from a lesser quality instrument (price is the best guide to quality gradations in this regard)

If you have gone through the Rochelle/Stagi/Hohner phase, this marks an improvement, while not a jump into serious (!) expense

- an everyday working/playing instrument

If you seek an instrument which may be played at will, taken on a trip, given a lot of use, this may fill that niche. If you do not want to throw the Dipper onto the top of the bus for the journey, I would suggest that you also not throw this instrument onto the top of the bus. However, it would do nicely in the boot, given proper attention to ambient temperature in the vehicle.

- musical use where a moderated tone would be useful

In some cases we may choose to have an instrument for performance or home recording, where the tone should blend well, and not necessarily own the surrounding air. This could be that instrument.

- cat abatement

I have not seen this instrument put to use in this manner, but I do believe that approaching a feline while playing would result in a beneficial cat absence after a moderate period. If not at first successful, then I would recommend use of a different key, such as the key which locks your house. Only be certain that you and said cat are on opposing sides of the door.

Other than that, I will be pleased to entertain any queries through this site.

post-9-1185980123.jpg

Edited by Delbert Blackketter

Could you please give a little more detail? is this concertina or accordion reeds? and what is the current US equivalent of 750 pounds?

thanks in advance.

Edited by seanc

Could you please give a little more detail? is this concertina or accordion reeds? and what is the current US equivalent of 750 pounds?

thanks in advance.

Roughly $1518.30 american, $1604.69 Canadian. I leave the rest to the gentleman offering it, though Herrington's websight is interesting, and worth looking at.

Alan

thanks in advance.

Seanc

This is an accordion-reeded instrument. This is in the category which is most often compared to Edgley, Morse, Tedrow, and, at times, Marcus instruments.

Thanks for asking,

Del

• 2 weeks later...
I have a Herrington 30 button C/G Anglo for sale - Wheatstone standard layout, metal ends, 7-fold bellows, with baffles, wooden case, and having new straps. It was recently given a once over, adjusted and re-tuned by Harold Herrington. It's in very good condition. It does not seem to know as many tunes as I had anticipated.

I bought this used from this site, and find that while waiting to procure an Anglo, I became addicted to my Stagi miniature 18 key English. I prefer the tonal ubiquitity of the English to the 'now where did they put THAT note' of the Anglo.

Harold tells me he made this specifically for a Texas regional entertainer. I believe the age is approaching ten (10) years, but may be wrong.

I would like to get ( fair value in the vicinity of approximately $1,200.US ) or entertain serious offers. In the US, but will ship to anywhere.

NEW INFO: I will be posting this instrument on E-Bay over the weekend at a reserve of zero/0. I will add a few photographs and even possibly sound clips. My E-Bay ID is 'Delbert_WB'

QUESTION: Does anyone need to see the internal mechanisms on the box? Will slice it open if needed.

For those who may be unfamiliar, this instrument is an accordion-reeded Anglo concertina. I would assess it as being suitable for use as:

It plays very well, is sturdy, and is not too large of a jump, relatively speaking, in initial cost

- a step up from a lesser quality instrument (price is the best guide to quality gradations in this regard)

If you have gone through the Rochelle/Stagi/Hohner phase, this marks an improvement, while not a jump into serious (!) expense

If you seek an instrument which may be played at will, taken on a trip, given a lot of use, this may fill that niche. If you do not want to throw the Dipper onto the top of the bus for the journey, I would suggest that you also not throw this instrument onto the top of the bus. However, it would do nicely in the boot, given proper attention to ambient temperature in the vehicle.

In some cases we may choose to have an instrument for performance or home recording, where the tone should blend well, and not necessarily own the surrounding air. This could be that instrument.

- cat abatement

I have not seen this instrument put to use in this manner, but I do believe that approaching a feline while playing would result in a beneficial cat absence after a moderate period. If not at first successful, then I would recommend use of a different key, such as the key which locks your house. Only be certain that you and said cat are on opposing sides of the door.

New information

- cat abatement

New information

• 2 weeks later...

Now gone to eBay, with no reserve. :o Also no 'Buy It Now' amount.

ViewItem&item=110165147604

Regards,

Del

- - - - -

- cat abatement

New information