The Mystery Is Solved

Ah yes the MaCaan duet: maligned, adored, despised, and thrown into a closest to languish in the demise of victorian zeal.

So why then the funny Eb? Why then no low D on the left side?

It was a snub:

a snub at the droning monotony of Irish tunes saturated in D. yes, I beleive I have solved the mystery of the missing D, it was completely and deviously intentional. MacCaan wanted his box to go on to concert halls and be the star child of his twinkling dreams, far from the clutches of hairy knuckles.

Leaving out the low D made it an instant curse to Irish tunes, or rather "Irish-Like" tunes...

The awkward Eb, a dagger in the claddagh - but all for a purpose: the Good Dr. was also a teacher, his lesson was "transpose" -

his message was "Escape the cliche's of McCrappie's air".

How many times have you heard the rollicking compound flatulence of McCrappie's Air?

At celtic festivals, on the street corner, in pubs and sessions, its hodgepodge bouquet of scattered fragments perfumes the halls like a belching donkey.

Edited by Hooves

Ah yes the MaCaan duet: maligned, adored, despised, and thrown into a closest to languish in the demise of victorian zeal.

So why then the funny Eb? Why then no low D on the left side?

It was a snub:

a snub at the droning monotony of Irish tunes saturated in D. yes, I beleive I have solved the mystery of the missing D, it was completely and deviously intentional. MacCaan wanted his box to go on to concert halls and be the star child of his twinkling dreams, far from the clutches of hairy knuckles.

Leaving out the low D made it an instant curse to Irish tunes, or rather "Irish-Like" tunes...

The awkward Eb, a dagger in the claddagh - but all for a purpose: the Good Dr. was also a teacher, his lesson was "transpose" -

his message was "Escape the cliche's of McCrappie's air".

How many times have you heard the rollicking compound flatulence of McCrappie's Air?

At celtic festivals, on the street corner, in pubs and sessions, its hodgepodge bouquet of scattered fragments perfumes the halls like a belching donkey.

Ummmm.....Yes....Welll....excuse me...I'll just be over here....polishing my housekey and waiting for the nice men in the white coats.... :huh:

its hodgepodge bouquet of scattered fragments perfumes the halls like a belching donkey.

Hey Hooves,

I like your avatar. I had one once, used it as a pack animal to haul quartered mule deer and Elk out of San Juan national forest. I guess you have some insights that um *people* are incapable of seeing. Guess it takes one to know one...

Easy on the oats and don't forget to brush those horse teeth,

Dan

Forgive me, but I'd just like to get this straight. Ah, that's better. So in order to play the MacCann duet you have to shave your knuckles first? Is this something I should put in the section on MacCanns in the Concertina FAQ? And what about other bodily hair?

Chris

"Irish-Like" tunes...

Soo, then, do you have the dots for this 'Crappie Air?? I've looked in the Tune-o-Tron but it's not there

and I've always had a liking for flatulent Irish Air!!

Jake

"Irish-Like" tunes...

Soo, then, do you have the dots for this 'Crappie Air?? I've looked in the Tune-o-Tron but it's not there

and I've always had a liking for flatulent Irish Air!!

Jake

there is no written music for McCrappie's Air: No Dots. No Tab. No score...

However you have heard it played many times, if not, travel down to a local session, better still pop in to a "celtic" festival. McCrappie's Air fills the halls like a cacophony of unflushed porta-johns.

However you have heard it played many times, if not, travel down to a local session, better still pop in to a "celtic" festival. McCrappie's Air fills the halls like a cacophony of unflushed porta-johns.

Reliably living up to your Avatar -

Reliably living up to your Avatar -

Your are correct in that my Avator needs updating. I have changed it to help some of the more challanged members to more accurately identify my true nature.