Dublin Irish Festival (ohio) August 3,4,5 2007

I know it is two weeks out, but this is literally down the road just a bit. They always have a good lineup of entertainment. It might be a good place to get together with other C-netters.

Now if I was half as smart as I thought I am, I would have seen if we could have made arraingements ahead of time for a concertina gather (i.e. some space set aside). After all, my tax dollars and elected officials put this on, along with a lot of other people and the park is right behind the city building where I had to go to city council meeting when one of their fancy city owned but not public golf courses stole my water (eventually they reimbursed me for a better pump system). I doubt though finding a place to chat will be that hard to find.

Among last years highlights, I gave Bob a large chunk of money, much to wife's dismay, but both of our later joy. (Live concertina music is always pleasent) Several concertinas were taken apart, my new one, my old twenty button, and one of the fellow's from Kentucky, whose name slips my mind, but who makes a nice box. I met Bob's wife and daughter. I heard a lot of good music.

Wife just came in, and wants supper, so I am going to finish this up.

Alan

I know it is two weeks out, but this is literally down the road just a bit. They always have a good lineup of entertainment. It might be a good place to get together with other C-netters.

Now if I was half as smart as I thought I am, I would have seen if we could have made arraingements ahead of time for a concertina gather (i.e. some space set aside). After all, my tax dollars and elected officials put this on, along with a lot of other people and the park is right behind the city building where I had to go to city council meeting when one of their fancy city owned but not public golf courses stole my water (eventually they reimbursed me for a better pump system). I doubt though finding a place to chat will be that hard to find.

Among last years highlights, I gave Bob a large chunk of money, much to wife's dismay, but both of our later joy. (Live concertina music is always pleasent) Several concertinas were taken apart, my new one, my old twenty button, and one of the fellow's from Kentucky, whose name slips my mind, but who makes a nice box. I met Bob's wife and daughter. I heard a lot of good music.

Wife just came in, and wants supper, so I am going to finish this up.

Alan

I'll be there again. See you soon.

Bob

Just one more pitch for Dublin, it is a good time, with good music, and inexpensive as far as the local festivals go $10 a day at the gate, online is cheaper. It incluces the Columbus Feis, for those interested in traditional Irish arts. And it is a reasonable drive from most of Ohio, and is also not a bad drive from WV, KY IN, Southern MI, SouthWestern ON and Western PA. I have no connection to the festival itself other than it is 2-3 miles from the house.

Alan

Just one more pitch for Dublin, it is a good time, with good music, and inexpensive as far as the local festivals go $10 a day at the gate, online is cheaper. It incluces the Columbus Feis, for those interested in traditional Irish arts. And it is a reasonable drive from most of Ohio, and is also not a bad drive from WV, KY IN, Southern MI, SouthWestern ON and Western PA. I have no connection to the festival itself other than it is 2-3 miles from the house.

Alan

i wish i could make it... i've had several people ask me already, but i live too many states away!

check out my uncles band, the kells. they're playing every day at some point.