Mrs Crotty Report 2006

Nice pics. Question, the 'mini Dipper' that is shown has black buttons - they look like delrin (I think that's the name of the material), but I thought Colin used delrin for button cores but usually capped them. Are they plain delrin? It would seem odd to make such lovely end plates and put delrin buttons in.

Alan.

Nice pics. Question, the 'mini Dipper' that is shown has black buttons - they look like delrin (I think that's the name of the material), but I thought Colin used delrin for button cores but usually capped them. Are they plain delrin? It would seem odd to make such lovely end plates and put delrin buttons in.

Alan.

Alan,

The buttons are solid silver metal, steel I think.

Regards

Shay

Question, the 'mini Dipper' that is shown has black buttons - they look like delrin (I think that's the name of the material), but I thought Colin used delrin for button cores but usually capped them. Are they plain delrin? It would seem odd to make such lovely end plates and put delrin buttons in.
The buttons are solid silver metal, steel I think.

On the other hand, here's a photo of a Dipper County Clare with black Delrin buttons, which I think form a lovely contrast to the "silver" (nickel-plated, I think) end plates.

post-13-1185813298_thumb.jpg

Edited by JimLucas