Concertinas In Sark?

for those who are not familiar sark is a tiny island about 3 miles long in between england and france and near new jursey. it can be found on the map of england when looking at a zoomed in picture of new jursey but is hard to see because on the map it is about 1 milimeter long

In a few weeks my family is going to sark for a week or so and our visit is right in the middle of their music festival It is a very old fashioned place and they still have laws like "only the lord can own a car" and "only the lord can own a male cat" (whatever this lord fellow does with the only car on the island i dont know)

But anyway as it is old fashioned i presume the music festival would envolve morris danceing or something of the like, but then again it is in BETWEEN england and france so who knows it may be some french music thing that i would never anticipate. I cant be shure, but at the moment free reed instruments look pretty probable.

Does anyone know anything in relation to this small islands music? Either way il be bringing my own music :D

Does anyone know anything in relation to this small islands music? Either way il be bringing my own music :D

There's a guy called "Guernsey Pete" who contributes to the Session forum at www.thesession.org

His profile says he's currently in Sydney, but it might be worth posting your request for info there.

Chris

for those who are not familiar sark is a tiny island about 3 miles long in between england and france and near new jursey. it can be found on the map of england when looking at a zoomed in picture of new jursey but is hard to see because on the map it is about 1 milimeter long

Are you sure it's between England and "new" Jersey...or is it OLD Jersey? New Joisey is next ta New Yawk, close ta Mazzuchewsits. ;)

Are you sure it's between England and "new" Jersey...or is it OLD Jersey? New Joisey is next ta New Yawk, close ta Mazzuchewsits. ;)

Ive checket the map to see, it seems to be in between gurnsy and jursy. not new jursey as i said before

Ive checket the map to see, it seems to be in between gurnsy and jursy. not new jursey as i said before

jayk, based on your spelling of those names, shouldn't your profile say that you live in inglun(d)? ;)

haha, yes dyslexia has had its iritateing way with my spelling. But point taken I shal be more observent and careing on how i spell in future. However thankfully my college offers free classes for tune ups of that kind so hopefully this Embarrassing little Impediment shal be behind me soon.

(yes i did have to spell check that last sentense!)

http://www.sark.info/index.cfm?fuseaction=news.index

Seems you missed the best one.

http://www.sark.info/

This brought up the website for Sark

Here they have, Sark Carnaval. Which is probably what you're goingt to.

However it's been cancelled due to lack of support ! Not enough sheep?

They also have Sheep racing !!!

Chas

Edited by fidjit

Here they have, Sark Carnaval. Which is probably what you're goingt to.

However it's been cancelled due to lack of support ! Not enough sheep?

They also have Sheep racing !!!

Chas

Twixt Jersey and Gurnsey? Shouldn't they be racing cows, not sheep?

Or maybe, like many in the middle, they feel they have to be different

--Mike K. (middle of three sons)

I'm visiting Sark:- due to arrive on August 3rd.

Information:-

Sark is a tiny island; one of the Chanel Islands. Motor cars aren't permitted anywhere on the island...all traffic relies on bicycle, horse or feet.

I've been warned to take a torch as there are no street lights either.

For those of you who aren't UK based, you might not have heard about the weather that we're having here in the UK. Basically it has hardly stopped raining since the end of May. This week, huge floods have hit areas around the Cotswolds and Oxford. So....if weather conditions continue and I'm shacked up on a tiny island in the rain, I might get to learn a few tunes....and get very drunk.

Been in touch with Jake, but he arrives the day I leave.

All the best,

Phil

I'm visiting Sark:- due to arrive on August 3rd.

.....I might get to learn a few tunes....and get very drunk.

I vaguely remember from a family holiday a long time ago (to Alderney) that the islands were duty free :-)

Chris