Black Balled

You don't know what black balled is until you've ridden a unicycle.

I used to be able to ride a unicycle (it's somewhere in my garage).

And I can almost play the concertina (and it's a Maccann).

So, . . . if can get the two together I might claim be in a set of one on this planet . . . .

. . . unless there are any other claiments?

John

I would be the other claimant. I ride long distance and cross country unicycle, and play concertina, melodeon and harmonica, although not all at once.

Like you, Mike, I also ride a unicycle and play the concertina, melodeon and harmonica, although not all at once but I have managed to ride and juggle 3 balls at the same time. I walk on stilts as well. A few years ago, I came across a group called The Stiltoneers at a summer festival in Gunnersbury park, near Ealing. There were 5 of them, all wearing 3ft high stilts. They stood in line, each wearing a different coloured costume and each one played a different musical instrument, though none played the concertina, from memory. Maybe we could start an exclusive club for unicycling concertinists?

Chris

Maybe we could start an exclusive club for unicycling concertinists?

Unicycling with a concertina bellows... is that anything like the continuous breathing technique used with the didgeridoo? :unsure:

Well, after trying it a few times and falling off, I think it's a case of didgeridon't! :lol:

This is all getting rather serious !

International mono-cycling concertinists association ...hmmmmmmm we'd have the drug testers sniffing round in a trice !

mind you, they will have to replace the Tour de France with something :lol:

Dave