Electronically Tuned

Theo

I've recently seen this type of label inside two different concertinas. I'm speculating that the 1-78 represents a date of January 1978, but who used this label? Its nicely made from what appears to be brass foil, and yet the person or firm who did the tuning have not added their name. Modesty indeed. The reeds are in excellent shape and only very slightly out of tune after nearly 30 years so they appear to have done a good job.

Does anyone know the origin of the label?

post-510-1184698778_thumb.jpg

I have a similar label in a nice Wheatstone english. Same time frame if I recall correctly. My understanding is that Chris Algar was the seller some 30 years ago.

I'll ask him if it is his label.

Greg

Does anyone know the origin of the label?

Theo,

I used to come across those years ago, though I haven't seen one for a while. I think it might have been Colin Dipper who used them, but I could be wrong ... :unsure:

One of the concertinas in question had Colin Dippers stamp internally, the other not.

The lack of a name on the "Electronically tuned" stamp makes me wonder if the labels were supplied by the makers of one of the early electronic tuning devices.

I'd be pretty certain it's one of Colin's labels. I've got one in my Dipper G/D, made in 1976 and one in a Jeffries which was cared for by Colin around 1977. As further "evidence", here's one of the other labels in one of them

Alex