The Rampin' Cat

I have just had a message telling me I am the successful bidder on Ebay for this Michael Hibbert LP. What surprised me was that I was the only bidder. I now eagerly await delivery.

- John Wild

Edited by John Wild

I have just had a message telling me I am the successful bidder on Ebay for this Michael Hibbert LP. What surprised me was that I was the only bidder. I now eagerly await delivery.

- John Wild

Excellent album, John. Now all you need is a Jeffries Duet........

Regards,

Peter.

- John Wild

Regards,

Peter.

....or why not come up to Bradfield and hear him play ;)

Dave

- John Wild

Regards,

Peter.

I have a friend with a 50k Jeffries Duet that he wants to sell....................

Dave

Regards,

Peter.

I have a friend with a 50k Jeffries Duet that he wants to sell....................

Dave

I can't afford the record AND another concertina. <_< :huh: :o :angry:

- John

- John Wild

Excellent album

Agreed - there's some absolutely inspiring playing on it.

I believe that Free Reed is planning CD re-releases of all their old vinyl so Mike's excellent album should be easily available by the end of the year. I think there has already been a reference on this site to the doubling up of the Tommy Williams and Gordon Cutty LPs on one CD. Also, the long awaited return of the Topic-Free Reed recordings made by Neil and John Tams, another thread on this forum and set for release at the 'Mrs Crotty' in a few weeks, is another part of this plan.

Negotiations are even underway to foist 'Bees on Horseback' on an unsuspecting public! Caveat Emptor on that one!!

Roger

Negotiations are even underway to foist 'Bees on Horseback' on an unsuspecting public! Caveat Emptor on that one!!

Well I'm game. I absolve you of all responsibility for any consequences, Roger.

:huh:

Hope I haven't been too rash ...

Chris

- John Wild

B*gger! :(

I'll have to look out for the CD re-release then B)

I believe that Free Reed is planning CD re-releases of all their old vinyl so Mike's excellent album should be easily available by the end of the year.

Roger,

I got the advertising flyer of "Archive releases from the Free Reed label" only yesterday and it says that they should all be available before the end of the year (but you know Neil ;) ), though it looks like "Roaring Jelly" coupled with "Rampin' Cat" may be the last one to be re-released as it is FRRR-17.

I think there has already been a reference on this site to the doubling up of the Tommy Williams and Gordon Cutty LPs on one CD.

That's "Masters of the Concertina" FRRR-12.

Also, the long awaited return of the Topic-Free Reed recordings made by Neil and John Tams, another thread on this forum and set for release at the 'Mrs Crotty' in a few weeks, is another part of this plan.

Unofficially they may yet be available in Miltown Malbay later this week ...

I have just had a message telling me I am the successful bidder on Ebay for this Michael Hebbert LP. What surprised me was that I was the only bidder. I now eagerly await delivery.

Well, it's here, and I am not disappointed. :) :) :)

- John Wild

I have just had a message telling me I am the successful bidder on Ebay for this Michael Hebbert LP. What surprised me was that I was the only bidder. I now eagerly await delivery.

Well, it's here, and I am not disappointed. :) :) :)

- John Wild

John,

He really is amazing, isn't he? I have a friend here in the States who bought a Jeffries duet...and even more, learned how to play it...just so he could do the Dam Buster's March from that recording (I think that was the name of it, anyway). Good to see that that LP is getting to be re-released.

Dan

Once The Ramping Cat is available again, perhaps it will create enough interest to get Michael back in front of a microphone... that would be great. He's a superb musician - and yes, Dan, that version of the Dambusters March is astonishing stuff.

I see that Michael visits this forum on at least an occasional basis. I seem to recall reading, somewhere, that Michael occasionally visits London on business. If this is correct, maybe a visit to the "George" session might be possible. If so, I'm sure that several of us would want to attend.

I'm guessing that Alan Day would already have approached Michael regarding a possible submission for "Duet International".

Regards,

Peter.