Concertinist In Oslo

GOOD FOLKS: many -- MANY -- months ago there was an inquiry about concertinists in Norway. . . . . .i noted that I knew of one, but that I could not remember his name. . . . .if finally came to me. . . . .MARIUS WORMDAL. . . .an architect by profession. . . . .i believe he lives in or around Oslo.............

god dag............Allan

Guest Old Leaky

Er, I'm a concertinist and was in Olso at the end of May. But only for a few days, on my way to Tromsø ...

PS I didn't see anything even remotely resembling a concertina while I was in Norway! Marius must be pretty lonely...

Edited by Old Leaky

GOOD FOLKS: many -- MANY -- months ago there was an inquiry about concertinists in Norway. . . . . .i noted that I knew of one, but that I could not remember his name. . . . .if finally came to me. . . . .MARIUS WORMDAL. . . .an architect by profession. . . . .i believe he lives in or around Oslo.............

With a quick google I found a couple of references -- same name, same profession -- with addresses, phone numbers, and a common email address. (There were also a few articles -- in Norwegian -- about projects he's worked on, but nothing about concertinas.) Rather than publish them here for spammers to harvest, I've sent them privately to Allan. I'll gladly send them to anyone else who sends me a PM requesting them.

FOLKS: to all of this i can add only that Marius plays the duet concertina. . . .and that i had dinner with him in New York last Fall.. . .he is there.........he does play our favorite instrument..........allan

Do you recall which Duet system he plays?

I guess if your'e going to be the only tina squeezer in Norway, you might as well play a REALLY rare instrument -- a Duet :P

Duet and golf, Ragtimer. So what's you handicap?

Chas

Neurological, mostly, plus advancing age :(

Three years ago I had the golf 'cap down to 30, but it's climbed back up to 41 now.

Lately it seems like my concertina playing is like golf -- still fun , but not getting any better with practice.

But not getting worse -- yet ;)

You must have found my Web site, or did I mention that evil Scottish plague somewhere here?

Say, let's hold a Scottish concertina contest: Everyone plays the same tune through, then the winner is whoever reversed bellows the fewst times :P

Guest Old Leaky
Say, let's hold a Scottish concertina contest: Everyone plays the same tune through, then the winner is whoever reversed bellows the fewst times :P

Er, as a Scot, I don't get the Scottish bit here but, hey, let's hold an American concertina contest: Everyone plays the same tune through, then the "second runner-up"* is the last to get the irony of this post... :angry:

* I've seen "American Idol" often enough to realise it's not permitted to say "loser" ...

Edited by Old Leaky

Er??? Which way is reverse???

Chas