Three Scones Of...

Alan Caffrey

hello to all.

I was just curious about the title of this reel (which has another name too, which I don't recall off hand): 'three scones of boxty'. "Scones', 'Boxty', what are these?

Thanks, Alan.

Well boxty is a type of bread or cake, and scones are a what one has with afternoon tea, don't ya know ;) with clotted cream and strawberry jam :D . So I imagine boxty are a particuar type of scones.

You can have lots of different types of scones, fruit, cheese, plain, date etc.

Yummy

hello to all.

I was just curious about the title of this reel (which has another name too, which I don't recall off hand): 'three scones of boxty'. "Scones', 'Boxty', what are these?

Thanks, Alan.

Food!

In england a scone is a small baked cakey thing (flour, raising agent, milk - baked), round 2 or 3 inches across, a few inches high, archetypically split and eaten with cream and jam! In scotland a scone is round, flat and cooked on a griddle (rather like a small thick american pancake). I don't know if an irish scone leans to the english or scottish side - probably scottish.

Boxty is an irish potato scone .. ie grated and/or mashed potato, mixed maybe with some flour and milk (sour milk I expect for being authentic) and griddle cooked.

Boxty is an irish potato scone .. ie grated and/or mashed potato, mixed maybe with some flour and milk (sour milk I expect for being authentic) and griddle cooked.
Which makes it a Latke.

Hmm. Is it kosher to have a latte with a latke?
:unsure:

Which makes it a Latke.

Well, since Latte is a creation of certain Imperialist entity, reaching it's tentacles all over the world, and employing cheap labor in it's never ending lust for more money and power, it's product is drenched in Proletariat's blood and sweat.

Untill this Imperialist entity drains the blood out of it's Latte, it is not Kosher.

hello to all.

Thanks, Alan.

Ah, well now, d'ye know what a planxty is?

A tune written to honor your patron, right?

Now then, if ye take a planxty, and cut it into six equal parts, and nail them together in a sort of a cube,

Why, then you've got a boxty!

:rolleyes:

Doug

Now then, if ye take a planxty, and cut it into six equal parts, and nail them together in a sort of a cube,

Uuuurgh!

I can see you're going to fit in well here :P

Which makes it a Latke.

Well, since Latte is a creation of certain Imperialist entity, reaching it's tentacles all over the world, and employing cheap labor in it's never ending lust for more money and power, it's product is drenched in Proletariat's blood and sweat.

Untill this Imperialist entity drains the blood out of it's Latte, it is not Kosher.

Didn't realise Latte was Russian :ph34r:

Dave

I think some planxties are pretty cool, but if you do that to them, they'll be totally square! B)

When I'm brewing a full pot, I use box tea, but for a single cup I usually use the little bags. :)

Which makes it a Latke.

Didn't realise Latte was Russian :ph34r:

Dave

Orf-Torpic, I know, but I think he's referring to the even-more-evil Starbuckian Empire... :ph34r:

I love the taste of their coffee...but not their tactics... :angry:

For those that haven't seen one yet, they keep opening Starbuxes directly across the street from the locally grown, Mom and Pop coffee shops. They are coming...We cannot get out... :(

Orf-Torpic, I know, but I think he's referring to the even-more-evil Starbuckian Empire... :ph34r:

For those that haven't seen one yet, they keep opening Starbuxes directly across the street from the locally grown, Mom and Pop coffee shops. They are coming...We cannot get out... :(

They won't get me Pal.

The next Starbuck (whatever that is) Latte, Big Mac or KFC will be my first !!

I'll stick to a Pie and a Pint at the Royal.

JUST SAY NO !! B)

Dave

They won't get me Pal.

The next Starbuck (whatever that is) Latte, Big Mac or KFC will be my first !!

I'll stick to a Pie and a Pint at the Royal.

JUST SAY NO !! B)

Dave

If those are shepherd's pies you are ordering - I'm in for 1 too. Next round is on me. (Missed dinner tonight and this discussion is twisted...)