Hexagonal Chemnitzer?

Daniel Hersh

Malcolm, do you think that the second listing is fraudulent? It looks to me more like just a re-listing aimed at a different market, as someone else suggested. If it is fraud, it's the first German-language fraudulent concertina listing that I've seen...

I don't suspect fraud.
Don't you? :o

Would you like to buy the Brooklyn Bridge: I just happen to have one for sale.... B)

MC

Malcolm, do you think that the second listing is fraudulent? It looks to me more like just a re-listing aimed at a different market, as someone else suggested. If it is fraud, it's the first German-language fraudulent concertina listing that I've seen...

I don't suspect fraud.

Would you like to buy the Brooklyn Bridge: I just happen to have one for sale.... B)

MC

I must admit I haven't looked at many concertinas on German eBay, but I've certainly seen some dodgy accordion listings there (in German), and have indeed been burned by one such, luckily for little loss; it seems it is not only big ticket items that attract the scammers.

You may well be right, Daniel, but it would certainly make me *wary* of placing a bid. If you decide to go for it, I hope I'm wrong about it.

Good luck.

MC

I'm not likely to bid--I've already got enough odd German concertinas for now (and don't play bandoneon, though I do sort of play Chemnitzer). But the listing does look ok to me. The new seller has lots of recent positive feedback, and I don't see any other signs of possible fraud.

Daniel

I don't suspect fraud.

MC

I must admit I haven't looked at many concertinas on German eBay, but I've certainly seen some dodgy accordion listings there (in German), and have indeed been burned by one such, luckily for little loss; it seems it is not only big ticket items that attract the scammers.

You may well be right, Daniel, but it would certainly make me *wary* of placing a bid. If you decide to go for it, I hope I'm wrong about it.

Good luck.

MC

I don't know the actual key layout. The grouping of the buttons remind me of a bandoneon, but it may be another instrument as well.

I don't think that it is fraud, but I don't know the actual quality of the box, so I would not bid without better information from the seller.

ML