Tedrow Modified Stagi C/g Anglo

AlexCJones

Once again I am selling my Tedrow Modified Stagi. (The first person who bought it decided that she would rather stick to accordion.)

I have had this a long time and it has held up pretty well.

Has better response action than a regular Stagi.

This would be good for any beginner or someone who would want to upgrade from a regular Stagi.

post-66-1182609632_thumb.jpgpost-66-1182609700_thumb.jpgpost-66-1182609719_thumb.jpg

Has that Bastari/Stagi key layout that is almost a Wheatstone/Lachanel layout, but not quite. Most of the buttons have the notes in the right places. It is just the 2 highest buttons on the right hand X-row that are rearranged. I never used those buttons until after a few years of playing it, and I just got used to them being where they are.

post-66-1182610114_thumb.jpg

I am asking $350 plus shipping costs

Edited by AlexCJones

I have the same instrument, model "W15S" , badged "GREMLIN".

I've found it to be an excellent beginer's instrument, but only once the hand rest was moved away from the buttons by 10mm - and my fingers are not exceptionally long!! - to allow my fingers to rest more comfortably on the buttons.

Just what were the modifications that you asked Mr Tedrow to make??

regards Jake

I have the same instrument, model "W15S" , badged "GREMLIN".

I've found it to be an excellent beginer's instrument, but only once the hand rest was moved away from the buttons by 10mm - and my fingers are not exceptionally long!! - to allow my fingers to rest more comfortably on the buttons.

regards Jake

There is an article on the other side of the board about bob's "Turbo Stagis." He used to rework the action before he sold them for playability before he bean to make his own excellent concertinas,

Alan

These were not specially ordered modifications that I asked him to make. Tedrow used take Stagis and rebuild their button action to the rivited type action found on Wheatstones. This would make a moderately priced instrument that can be played much much much better than a regular Stagi, even better than most antiques.

These were given names such as "Hot Rod Stagis", "Turbo-charged Stagis", 'Tedrow Turbo-charged Stagis", "Tedrow-Modified-Stagis" or oher names like that.

You don' see the term Tedrow-Modified-Stagi as often, but when you see that term, it is refering to one of these.

Edited by AlexCJones