Lord Falconer's Morris

"A team of morris dancing civil servants from the new [united Kingdom] Ministry of Justice have been given permission to call themselves the Lord Chancellor's Folk. " See the rest of the story.

Raising the profile of morris ...

Samantha

yes shame the beeb can't do research - Barmpton? where and what is that - "Bampton" is what they mean. I also found the whole article a bit snide, "wasting the lord chancellor's time etc." pity. It is the shame the english can not be more comfortable with their traditional dance form.

Be grateful. Can you imagine the results if the government took a serious interest in morris and really set the dogs on?

and then my hometown buddy would have to make a bad movie with a silly name about why don't have socialized Morris like the Europeans do.

Alan

:D Eeeh..... I remember when I worked for the RAF and there was a Morris side that claimed the altitude record for dancing the Morris..( can't remember the name unfortunately) They'd all got together in the cargo hold of a Hercules and danced while they flew :D

:D Eeeh..... I remember when I worked for the RAF and there was a Morris side that claimed the altitude record for dancing the Morris..( can't remember the name unfortunately) They'd all got together in the cargo hold of a Hercules and danced while they flew :D

A few years ago, Calverton Morris (Calverton Real Ale and Plough Play Preservation Society: CRAPPPS) danced a mile underground (Calverton was a mining village at the time) and a mile above ground (in a plane, of course!).