Old Songs Festival

Yippee! I'll be there, as usual! I'm bringing an emergency back-up Stagi, but I kinda hope to find a "festival quality" concertina at the Used Instrument Exchange.

I have a campsite, but I'm actually sleeping at the Days Inn on Western Ave.

I hope I'll run into you, Jody- this is my favorite festival, and this year has a great lineup:

http://www.oldsongs.org/festival/performers.html

( I just don't get how to enter links any other way- the little "Insert link" button always yells at me for doing it wrong!) :unsure:

Was sent a flyer on this event earlier in the Spring. What a nice line-up! I'd go just to get a chance to see Simple Gifts, but am going in Friday for steriod injections into me hands over this carpal whatever that has been bugging me and have been told to submarine for a while :( .

Have a great time.

Even though it's right in my back yard, so to speak, I don't generally go to Old Songs, and don't expect to this year. I spend most weekends in May and June with the morris dancers. This is the one weekend the team has nothing planned (they'll all be at Old Songs), so I can pursue other interests.

• 2 weeks later...

Well... Old Songs last weekend was fun though marred by the unseasonably cold and blustery weather and for me, the fact that I was coming down with a nasty head cold. The wind and chill discouraged the camp site instrumental jamming. I did find one very cool session with the members of Simple Gifts esp. EC player Rachael Hall. The shanty singers were out in force though. Concertina players Ian Robb, John Roberts and Louis Killen and a few others played a note or two but were more interested in singing... after all, it's the Old SONGS Festival.

Animaterra, I missed you!

a video made by one of the folks at Old Songs. Me and the two fiddlers had just learned this tune, One Step to Denise McGee, at a Cajun fiddle workshop hosted by the Magnolia Sisters. We had just stepped outside to try it out on our own after the workshop... and there we got digitized. Zap!

I was there, Jody! We said hello at the shanty sing; you told me not to get too close because of your cold, and then you drifted off elsewhere, as did I, shortly thereafter. I looked for you at the squeezebox jam on Saturday, but you were elsewhere also.

Yes, a fun but cold weekend! I envied those who had the foresight to pack a wool sweater!

I'm off to Ireland this week- I'll be at Turtle Dove harmony week http://www.brendantaaffe.com/turtle_dove_harmony_week.html . There I'll be in Co. Clare, mostly singing, not squeezing- go figure! But I'm bringing a box just in case.

I was there, Jody! We said hello at the shanty sing; you told me not to get too close because of your cold, and then you drifted off elsewhere, as did I, shortly thereafter. I looked for you at the squeezebox jam on Saturday, but you were elsewhere also.

Yes, a fun but cold weekend! I envied those who had the foresight to pack a wool sweater!

I'm off to Ireland this week- I'll be at Turtle Dove harmony week http://www.brendantaaffe.com/turtle_dove_harmony_week.html . There I'll be in Co. Clare, mostly singing, not squeezing- go figure! But I'm bringing a box just in case.

Right. I guess it's all a dim haze now. Have fun in Ireland!