Jeffries Scam

silkwoodlive

Hi there greetings from Ireland,I just joined and if it wasn't for you guys toopicoortyn would have caught me as well..I recieved a second chance offer for a Jeffries concertina a few days ago which ebay verified as being genuine but apart from that I havent heard from them.The problem is that I agreed to buy the concertina but since then he has contacted me personally not through my e bay account,I accepted the 2nd chance offer because it said that he accepted paypal.He now says that he is going through a divorce and does nt have a paypal account he wants to use global shipping I have never heard of this escrow company .I buy and sell jeffries and wheatstone anglo concertinas over here in Ireland and as you probably know they cost thousands of dollars.The e mail that he sent is exactly the same as you posted.E Bay says that I have to go through with the deal if he contacts me through their site but so far he hasn'y.I would love to hear from you if you have any ideas or more information.Ebay have told me that there is nothing that they can do.Comments would be appreciated....B Mulhaire...Galway city...Ireland

Hi there greetings from Ireland,I just joined and if it wasn't for you guys toopicoortyn would have caught me as well..I recieved a second chance offer for a Jeffries concertina a few days ago which ebay verified as being genuine but apart from that I havent heard from them.The problem is that I agreed to buy the concertina but since then he has contacted me personally not through my e bay account,I accepted the 2nd chance offer because it said that he accepted paypal.He now says that he is going through a divorce and does nt have a paypal account he wants to use global shipping I have never heard of this escrow company .I buy and sell jeffries and wheatstone anglo concertinas over here in Ireland and as you probably know they cost thousands of dollars.The e mail that he sent is exactly the same as you posted.E Bay says that I have to go through with the deal if he contacts me through their site but so far he hasn'y.I would love to hear from you if you have any ideas or more information.Ebay have told me that there is nothing that they can do.Comments would be appreciated....B Mulhaire...Galway city...Ireland

Hi - I think it should be OK if you want to back out of this deal. If the original listing or second chance offer says you can use Paypal, but he's now going back on that, then Ebay should accept that as a valid reason for you to cancel the deal, if that's what you want to do.

If he persists, and wants to carry on, tell him you aren't happy with his choice of escrow/delivery service and want to use one of your own. I understand that escrow costs are normally met by the buyer, so it shouldn't matter to him if you want to arrange to use a different escrow service. Again, if he refuses, withdraw from the deal. You may get a non-paying bidder warning from Ebay if by some chance he's a genuine seller (which seems doubtful); if so, refer them to the web page identified in the previous discussion on this board which suggests 'Global Shipping' is a fraudulent escrow service, and highlight the fact that he's not prepared to accept ppaypal now, after previously saying he would.

The bottom line is what's the worst that can happen if you do cancel the deal? 1 negative feedback from someone who has nil feedback anyway?

Hope this helps

John

B Mulhaire,

Although personally I'd ignore all further correspondence from this "seller," Johnjo's is the reasonable track to follow with this.

You could, however, figure out a way to start a correspondence stream with the seller like this guy did if you had nothing better to do :lol: but people keep insisting on getting married so I guess Silkwood keeps you hopping. B)

This is a second chance offer for the auction I posted about here. I won the auction with no intention of paying because it was such an obvious scam and eBay wouldn't respond to any of my requests to have it removed, even after the auction ended and I was send the email listing the fraudulent escrow service.

Have you been talking to eBay about the second chance offer? Are they really still unaware that this is a scam?