Bradfield Traditional Music Weekend 2007

• 3 weeks later...

Jurgen Suttner will be at the weekend en route to Ireland to attend Eigse Mrs Crotty.Thus anyone interested in the manufacture and history of the concertina will have an unrivalled oppurtunity to listen to two acclaimed experts Jurgen & Geoff Crabb as well as being able to listen to a number of superb players.

• 3 weeks later...

Another fine English style anglo player Dave Prebble has confirmed he will be attending.As per last year we will be having a instrumental and singing session at The Royal Hotel,Dungworth on the Sunday evening of the weekend, including our guests from Ireland and we will be carrying on with another instrumental and singing session on Monday evening at The Plough,Low Bradfield.Good cheap food will be available at both these pubs throughout the weekend.Andrew & Margaret Watchorn(fiddle and Northumbrian Pipes) will be doing a workshop on Northumbrian music at some stage during the weekend.Geoff Crabb and Jurgen Suttner will no doubt gather together anybody interested in the manufacture and repair of concertinas.Copies of the Clare Set will be available for purchase over the weekend prior to the official launch at Eigse Mrs Crotty in Kilrush. The toilets,beer and fine weather have been ordered.

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another BTMW has passed, for me anyway.

I would like to thank Mark and Joan for organising and hosting another super weekend and for arranging the good weather.

It was another chance to meet both old and new aquaintances and for one who neither sings or plays but occassionally is known to 'talk', a chance to renew enthusiasm.

Hopefully everybody gained something from the weekend even if that was knowing where the farm jump leads are kept.

The guests, as usual, provided much appreciated entertainment.

I hope others will post their views on this annual event.

Geoff Crabb.

I would like to thank Mark and Joan for organising and hosting another super weekend and for arranging the good weather.

Geoff Crabb.

Hear, hear !!

Another great weekend of music enjoyed by all.

Even the sun shone on Bradfield B)

Very much looking forward to meeting up with everyone, again next year.

The Royal Hotel again hosted some unbelievable concertina music. The sheer number and quality of instruments assembled there and the huge range in playing styles was nothing short of a delight. That so much can be accomplished with the instrument continues to astonish me !

Thanks again to Mark and Joan for all their hard work and to everyone who came and helped to make it such a relaxed easy-going fun weekend.

Regards

Dave

PS A whole new experience for me was waking up at Bradfield without a hangover .... ;)

Edited by Dave Prebble

from me a big thank you to mark for a special week end.good music.good company.and a chance to play other concertinas.It was also good to see prebbs again the sussex coast has not been the same since he left all those years ago.as for me I am looking forward to the next bradfield.you may not have had a hangover dave but!!!

bryan hawes :lol:

The Saturday evening ceilidh (Northumbrian theme) with guest caller Ken Woolfenden, was a joy to play for - we had Jody Kruskal as well as Andrew and Margaret Watchorn on stage with us. What superb musicians they are!

And some very energetic leaping-about from the Irish contingency.

Well done Mark & Joan + helpers.

It was also good to see prebbs again the sussex coast has not been the same since he left all those years ago.as for me I am looking forward to the next bradfield.you may not have had a hangover dave but!!!

bryan hawes :lol:

Haw Haw! Good one indeed.

Let me agree with all the well deserved kudos for Mark and Joan. Both of you two were the finest kind of hosts... throw a bunch of like minded musicians and singers together and tell them to have fun.

I will never forget Joan holding forth and directing the evening sing at the Royal on Sunday night. Such a study in natural joviality. Nor will I ever forget the Bellman song that Mark sang there, can’t get the darned thing out of my head.

A pleasure Geoff to sit in and play with you and your mates.

Got to run off now, no more time for idle chit chat, I’m late for the next session!

A very enjoyable weekend with good music sessions at The Royal, singing in The Horns, a ceilidh in the Village Hall and some excellent talks at the farm. The weather was so hot I felt like removing my clothes B)

A very well organised event. Thanks again Mark.

Greetings from the library in Ennis, Co. Clare (passing the time, waiting for the bus to Kilrush)

Let me join in the chorus of happy BTMW attendants:

Thanks again, Mark and Joan, for a wonderful weekend (made even better by the fine weather).

A delight to meet people from last year, new people this year and a real kick to meet that infusion of different thinking, Jody Kruskal :) .

Hope the rain stays away - we had cubic (feet/meters) of it yesterday.

Of to Bus Eireann 336, 15.25 to Kilrush

- Bye now,

/Henrik

I had a wonderful time at Bradfield. Well done Mark! The informality of the event bilays the well planned organisation.

I had such an enjoyable time at the Royal that I fell off my stool with excitement (or was he pushed?). Thank you Mike for your concern ( never mind you, is your concertina damaged?).

I look forward to next year.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd just like to add my thanks to Mark for a great weekend. The Dungworth sessions were 'concertina heaven' and it was nice to meet some of the C'netters in person. My mate Roger (the Frenchman) was dead chuffed too as people kept asking him to play! What really made his day was the lady who called it sexy French music played by a sexy French accordeonist!!