Sign in to follow this  
alblak1940

Out Of Curiosity...

...I want to ask this.

In my country Irish music is not very well known..not to speak of the Concertina.

If any relation at all most would mention The Pogues and from the old days Lindisfarne (and the younger ones wud say J. Logan) ...altho I must admit that I dont even know if any of these originally are Irish. except for good old Johnny.

In the ultimate collection of The Pogues track number 21 is "Young Ned of the Hill".

Im listening to it right now and wonder if any of the more experienced C- Players have tried to play that tune on a Concertina...If so ...I know that the range of this instrument is what Im looking for..one day

Anyone ?

Is it possible ?

Best

Allan+++

Hello Allan,

Well I am a pogues fan amoungst other things and just had a listen to this track.

I've not tried to play it on anglo just yet as it is very late but nothing I heard on the track would put me off having a go at it.

Give it a go -if you can use something to slow the music without changing pitch it will be useful

must run laptop battery about to fail :blink:

I've not listened to the Pogues version, but the melody line of the song is certainly playable on a G/D 30 button anglo - I just tried it.

So give it a go, you won't know till you do. :D