20 Button - Made In Italy

Fauxqui

I bought a similar one (Renelli, C/G, octave tuned reeds) in 1992 for 50 USD and that was what I learned on for the next four years. These were mass produced in Italy for many years. They seem to change hands in the U.S. for $30-$80, depending on whether they are fixed up and on the information/lack of/ on the part of the buyer. This low value is why I held on to mine; the effort of selling is only worth it for something a bit more valuable.

There is an article by Geo Salley on the static side of C.net on fixing common issues with these boxes, if you are so inclined.

Ken

It was probably made by Bastari (or their successor Stagi) who marked their instruments with a variety of names. These were the bottom end of the concertina market, especially in the US, after the German makers more or less faded away and before the Chinese ones started up.

Daniel

I have a 20 button concertina purchased about 20 years ago at a flea market. It's red pearl and the only marking is "Made in Italy". Can anyone tell me anything about this instrument? Value?