English Style Anglo Tutor

Marcus

Thanks folks,

I actually have Bertram Levy's book and have gone through that. I was hoping that there might be something more! I have Alan Day's tutor and I'm working on that now, but I don't really learn by ear so I've downloaded the sheet music to accompany the audio. I like the Faking It method and I'm hoping to progress to that. As an overview to Englisg style playing I found John Kirkpatricks series pretty good, but I wish there'd been more than just 3 articles!

Thanks folks,

I actually have Bertram Levy's book and have gone through that. I was hoping that there might be something more! I have Alan Day's tutor and I'm working on that now, but I don't really learn by ear so I've downloaded the sheet music to accompany the audio. I like the Faking It method and I'm hoping to progress to that. As an overview to Englisg style playing I found John Kirkpatricks series pretty good, but I wish there'd been more than just 3 articles!

In concertina.com

http://www.concertina.com/anglo/index.htm

you can find a couple of older tutors for the "anglo german" concertina, e.g., Jones' tutor. Those are in the English style: melody on the right hand and accompaniment on the left.

ocd

Thanks folks,

JK was supposed to have been working on a DVD Anglo tutorial with Mrs Casey records - similar to his "How to play Melodeon" DVDs. When I contacted John last summer to ask about this he said it was due to be out last Autumn - but no sign of it yet.