Well, What To Think Of That Duet?

Christian Husmann

Blatant fraud! Almost certainly a hijacked account. This language in the listing is a HUGE red flag:

PLEASE READ !!

Is no need for you to bid on my auction

chhsell@gmail.com

Immediately purchase 1000$

Contact eBay!!!!

Hello folks,

I can surely recall this Duet as it has been for sale some weeks ago.

Did anyone follow the former auction?

Duet at ebay.com

have a nice week-end

Christian

Hello folks,

I can surely recall this Duet as it has been for sale some weeks ago.

Did anyone follow the former auction?

Duet at ebay.com

have a nice week-end

Christian

If my memory serves me correctly, that was up for sales some weeks ago from someone based in Cheshire (UK) - now it's appeared over in the USA.

I think it went initially for around the £2500 mark.

I just reported it to eBay via chat (using their "Live Help" function). If anyone has the original listing number, I'd suggest another report to eBay with that in hand. (Though this one is so blatant that they may take it down without that.)

Yes definitely a re-run of the original.

And now it's gone.

I just reported it to eBay via chat (using their "Live Help" function). If anyone has the original listing number, I'd suggest another report to eBay with that in hand. (Though this one is so blatant that they may take it down without that.)

Yes definitely a re-run of the original.

On this occasion I simply reported the seller for offering to sell the item without going through eBay channels. It's very apparent from the listing, and obviously something that eBay don't like to see happening (they don't get their "cut", apart from anything else). It seems to work faster than reporting a "cloned" listing.

On this occasion I simply reported the seller for offering to sell the item without going through eBay channels. It's very apparent from the listing, and obviously something that eBay don't like to see happening (they don't get their "cut", apart from anything else). It seems to work faster than reporting a "cloned" listing.
Agreed--that was my approach too.
Incredible!

I reported it... anyone wants to bet when it is going to appear the next time?

Christian

And now it's gone again.

Daniel

Agreed--that was my approach too.
Incredible!

I reported it... anyone wants to bet when it is going to appear the next time?

Christian

And now it's gone again.

Daniel

I would like to compliment the Concertina.net community for keeping such a strict eye on these re-surfaced and phony adds. I can't imagine any other instrumental community actaully watching out for stolen or false adds.

Well done lads!

Edited by Hooves

I wonder if there's any way we at Concertina.net could "certify" ebay auctions as legitimate without a whole lot of work and without allowing our "certification" to be copied. It just occurs to me that this community knows most of the reliable sellers and/or people with a spare box to sell, if not directly then through a friend or other contact.

-David