New Concertina Cd By Juliette

New Concertina CD by Juliette:

Hello Concertina.net!

I want to thank all the people who have purchased my first CD “Juliette et la Concertina”. I really appreciate the support and the many encouraging comments I’ve received. You are all very important to me.

Now I want to let everyone know my new CD, “Juliette’s Bachs of Truffles”, has just been finished and is available on my web site <www.juliettedaum.com>. There you will also find some downloads of my music including excerpts from my playing of J.S. Bach’s music.

I think it is important to point out that this is solo unaccompanied concertina playing and that I play all the voices at the same time on one instrument. I am very grateful to the musicians who encouraged me to try to do this and said they thought it would be possible. I have made all my own transcriptions and arrangements. I think the concertina is a wonderful instrument for personal expression and that there is a very bright future for it to be played in this way. I can’t dream of anything more fun and fulfilling to do than playing the concertina..

I am now ready to start recording another CD entirely of Spanish dances, by the 20th century composer Bartolome Calatayud of Mallorca, Spain. These are wonderful spirited Moorish sounding dances including, sarabands, mazurkas, tangos, waltzes. A lot of Calatayud’s music is based on the Folk Tradition of Mallorca and so it has a very festive and happy sound.

Thank you again for your kind support,

Juliette

Edited by squeezora

Royal Concertinas Thursday 7th June 8.00pm Special Guest Juliette Doum

Juliette will be our guest on the above date.Get there early and sample the superb home made pies and local Bradfield Brewery ales.No charge.Everyone welcome.Ring me for directions.My broadband connection is currently down so I am using a non broadband connection.

Mark Davies

Home:01142851479

Mobile:07850475067

Bon Jour Juliette

It is wonderful to listen to your music and well yes a bit frustrating too ;-).

On your website there is nothing told or shown about your instrument(s)? Maybe this would be interesting not only to me but to many others who are in love with this marvellous instrument.

Thanks for playing

Joschi

Are these recordings on your new FAMOUS concertina?

Al

Hi Alan,

The short answer is no. Things have moved on and recording was made with Juliette's NEW new FAMOUS concertina; see review.

See you Monday week and I will fill you in with details.

Regards,

Peter

Royal Concertinas Thursday 7th June 8.00pm Special Guest Juliette Daum

Juliette will be our guest on the above date.Get there early and sample the superb home made pies and local Bradfield Brewery ales.No charge.Everyone welcome.Ring me for directions.

Mark Davies

Home:01142851479

Mobile:07850475067

Hi Mark,

You lucky, lucky, people in the Sheffield area are in for a real treat. Just make sure that Juliette does not have to take any CDs back home! :)

Regards,

Peter.