Another Concertina Picture

Good one, Robin. Next time there is a 'cheese festival', I'll know to grab a Bud and my anglo!

Of course, those with finer sensibilities will have a Pepsi as they play their EC....

Edited by Dan Worrall

Good one, Robin. Next time there is a 'cheese festival', I'll know to grab a Bud and my anglo!

Of course, those with finer sensibilities will have a Pepsi as they play their EC....

Is it just a coincidence that the Anglo player has a beer, and the English a Pepsi?

I wonder what a Duet player would be drinking? Robust dark ale, or single-malt would be my choice ;)

--Mike K.

Edited by ragtimer

I wonder what a Duet player would be drinking? Robust dark ale, or single-malt would be my choice wink.gif

Thank God I'm a duet player. It would save me dying of thirst.

Funny Pictures!

as an amatuer duet player I cannot really speak for all duet players.

From my limited expierence with the other systems, I would have to guess:

Anglo = Ale, Stout, Porter

English = Lager, Pilsner, Cider

Duet = all of the above plus whatever is free

'course the EC players had some other bad habits too....but then so did anglo players.

Fascinating how these ads (all 4 US) are from a period when the instrument simply was not played much here (1950s-1960s). However, folks were seeing them in the movies at this time, so maybe that was the hook for Madison Avenue. Interesting that the ad folks knew enough of concertinas to show ECs in consistently more genteel settings than anglos, which is more or less historically correct.

I suspect that the second one is intended to be a Chemnitzer rather than an Anglo from the number of bellows folds. Won't comment on the relative gentility of Chemnitzer players though.... :)

'course the EC players had some other bad habits too....but then so did anglo players.

Fascinating how these ads (all 4 US) are from a period when the instrument simply was not played much here (1950s-1960s). However, folks were seeing them in the movies at this time, so maybe that was the hook for Madison Avenue. Interesting that the ad folks knew enough of concertinas to show ECs in consistently more genteel settings than anglos, which is more or less historically correct.

Edited by Daniel Hersh