Anyone From Albuquerque New Mexico?

Tom Mescall used to be there. He was (and I am sure still is) a determined student of Irish-style anglo (I see you have a Jackie, which suggests that you play English). Tom changed careers and now works in Chicago. I have a friend in Sandia who knows the local music scene. A few years ago he told there was a player of English there in town, rather accomplished from the sound of it. I hope to be through Alq. myself in August; maybe I can find some contacts for you then.

Ken

Tom Mescall used to be there. He was (and I am sure still is) a determined student of Irish-style anglo (I see you have a Jackie, which suggests that you play English). Tom changed careers and now works in Chicago. I have a friend in Sandia who knows the local music scene. A few years ago he told there was a player of English there in town, rather accomplished from the sound of it. I hope to be through Alq. myself in August; maybe I can find some contacts for you then.

Ken

Thanks. I may be able to go to the Celtic Festival coming soon. Maybe I'll find some folks there. Yes, I am trying to play English style.

I grew up in Albuquerque but moved away in 1973 before I started playing concertina. I too have a friend who's still there who's connected to the traditional music scene. If I can dig up his current e-mail address I'll contact him and ask if he knows anyone.

Daniel

Ken

Thanks. I may be able to go to the Celtic Festival coming soon. Maybe I'll find some folks there. Yes, I am trying to play English style.

I had a fellow from there in one of my concertina workshops back in the late 80s who played anglo concertina upside-down. He was very good actually... best in the class. He said that when his concertina arrived from Dipper he lifted it out of the box and started learning it. He didn't realize he'd lifted it out upside-down until much later. His name was Jack, but I never knew his last name.