Newbie Feedback. Cover Your Ears!

I have my lovely new Rochelle! I went for the Anglo because something in my tiny mind told me it would be easier to make different notes on a push/pull than an English. How silly I am! I am making an UNHOLY racket! I can murder Three Blind Mice. Hell, TWELVE blind mice! It's exciting though! By this time next month, I may even be able to play Merrily We Roll Along! Slowly and badly. Good job there's no sound on this forum...!

Anna x

Anna,

Welcome! Are we supposed to cover our ears because there's a concertina playing? Guess what - we all sound like that too. Tell us when we can come over (those of us on your continent) and playing together we will drive all the mice, bats, and dogs away from your apartment/house/flat/boat.

Have fun,

Ken

Oh the concertina has some lovely notes on it! Just not when *I* play them together! A boat! Are there many boat-dwellers on here? Concertina boat gatherings. What a lovely thought!

And I'm rather fond of bats. Can we just drive away the cats who insist on leaving, er, presents on my lawn? Are there any concertina gatherings you know of in London, UK?

And I'm rather fond of bats. Can we just drive away the cats who insist on leaving, er, presents on my lawn? Are there any concertina gatherings you know of in London, UK?

Hi Anna,

Where abouts are you based? I don't know whether the ICA holds meetings in London, nowadays, but you'll find at least one Anglo player at each of the following sessions:

* Borough Session - Horseshoe Inn, Melior Street - first Sunday at 12.00. Martin Nail.

* George Session - The George, Borough High Street - first Monday at 20.30 (except for Bank Holidays, when second Monday). Alan Day.

* Two Brewers Session - The Two Brewers, Gloucester Road, Selhurst - second Tuesday at 20.30. Peter Trimming. This session no longer happens on a regular basis.

Often, Alan's session has massed concertinas. This week (extra session) it was 1 Anglo + 3 English; Monday 14th I would expect 2 Anglo, 3 English. Good fun, with hurdy gurdies and bagpipes, as well as massed fiddles and melodeons. No bats, though.

Regards,

Peter.

Edited by PeterT

Peak time at our session (Bradford on Avon 2nd and 4th Mondays) you can get 2 anglos, 3 Englishes and a MacCann duet. Occasional visitors include another 3 anglos, 1 English (lives on a boat) and two (2) Jeffries duets. Nice to be able to regularly outnumber the melodeons! You're welcome if you're anywhere near, Anna.

Chris