Hastings (uk) Jack In The Green Session Sunday May 6th

Where were you sitting? I only saw the guy in the red polo shirt playing English to my left, he began seated and then was playing standing. There was a lady with her back to me with a yellow windsor morris t shirt on who just left hers on the table. Didn't see any other English's but I didn't move from my seat. I did though have a good view of several Jeffries from that position.

My only issue with the session was two very drunk blokes one taking pictures and then banging a table, and the other one (his friend) who fell on me at one point but at least avoided the fiddle of the person sitting behind me. I thought it was a good session - great to see such a variety of instruments - we need more sessions.

For the record I only had one pint of Dark Star and one pint of orange juice and lemonade - but the bubbles go to my head ;)

I spotted two English concertinas on the table behind me, one was an ebony ended Wheatstone Aeola just like the one I used to have and the other had metal ends but I didn't chance to get a close look at it so I've no idea what it was.

I was aching to ask for a look at the Aeola, but it's not the thing to do. :(

I spotted two English concertinas on the table behind me, one was an ebony ended Wheatstone Aeola just like the one I used to have and the other had metal ends but I didn't chance to get a close look at it so I've no idea what it was.

I was aching to ask for a look at the Aeola, but it's not the thing to do. :(

Ah, Tallship, from your description, it sounds like they were the two concertinas belonging to Rosie and myself. Mine is metal-ended, a model 21 from 1937 and Rosie's is a 1920's Aeloa. If we should find ourselves in another session together, come over and introduce yourself. I'm sure Rosie wouldn't mind showing you her concertina.

Peter, the chap in the red shirt you refer to is Dave from Greensleeves morris. And the person you saw the back of in the green (not yellow) Windsor morris t-shirt, is my partner Rosie, who also plays a Castignari Tomy melodeon some of the time. She did manage to slip one tune in on the concertina! And we were sitting, as you probably now realise, at the table to the right of Chris Shaw, melodeon player and singer of French songs, facing the outside wall of the room. Yes, I agree, there should be more sessions, and more days in a week in which to hold them on, so I can fit in other things as well!

Chris