2007 Northeast Squeeze-in

September is almost here, school is about to begin, so can NESI be far behind? I am so looking forward to it! Who will be there?

I'll be there.

Any C-net special goings on this year.

(Badges, special hats, shirts, tunes, stories, etc., whatever?)

Any ideas?

See yoooooooooooooooooo in September!!!

Perry Werner

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any ideas?

Whassamatter, Perry, they didn't tell you the secret concertina.net handshake? ;)

(edited to fix quote mishap)

Edited by David Barnert

I hope to be at NESI just for Saturday evening at least. As far as I know, nothing will prevent me from going, though I've had numerous little crises lately and I'm still 'holding my breath' as they say. For one, I have a beloved cat that's currently under quarantine, which is difficult, and I'm not sure how she's going to turn out.

I will probably bring my concertina, though I don't know if there will be an opportunity to play...is there to be a 'pub sing' after the evening concert, as there was when I was there a few years ago?

I'm starting twice-weekly treatments for my hands -- light treatments. I've only done one so far, but, basically, I will go to Dermatology, soak my hands for 15 minutes is a special solution, then stick them into a mysterious box with lights for a while. It'll be great if this can help my hands.

Anyway....if you see me, I'm there! And my car just passed inspection, so....that parts' over! :)

Any ideas?

Whassamatter, Perry, they didn't tell you the secret concertina.net handshake? ;)

(edited to fix quote mishap)

Dave:

Yes I did hear about it, but I ain't tickling anyone's palm in the process.

Perry

Now that our Northeast Concertina Workshops event is behind us we've been able to focus on our Northeast Squeeze-In coming up this fall.

We're back to our usuals - same time slot (3rd weekend in September), same format, same shenanigans.

-- Rich --

Now I wonder -- should have checked the web link -- is that "3rd weekend" the Saturday 15, or the 22nd?

I miscounted and figured it was the 22nd, when I have a conflict. If it's the 15th (this coming weekend), then --

RATS! I COULD HAVE COME!

And maybe my Bastari Hayden 67-key Bandoneon would have arrived jsut in time to have taken it along for show and tell!

Oh well, next year. --Mike K.

RATS! I COULD HAVE COME!
Yes, it's this weekend - which hasn't happened yet. YOU COULD STILL MAKE IT! Give us a call so that we can figure you in for the food count and get your gear together! You've been here before so you'll know what you'd be missing.

-- Rich --

If anyone (at NESI) would particularly like me to bring my foot bass, please let me know. They're not very common and I thought maybe someone would like the chance to see/play one, maybe if considering getting one sometime. This is the foot bass made by Harry Geuns.

I am only coming out to hear the concert (may be there a bit before it), and for singing or whatever after that -- will probably bring my concertina, but I'll only bring the foot bass if I feel very ambitious or if someone says they'd really like a look at one. (It's not really too heavy to carry along, but I probably still don't know many of the same songs as anyone else.)

If anyone (at NESI) would particularly like me to bring my foot bass, please let me know.
I certainly would like to check it out. I had a serious hankering for one a couple of years ago which hasn't totally subsided yet. I'm pretty sure that Bob would be interested as well. I hope that you can come early enough for us to see and play it - or stay long enough after the dance so that we can check it out (which won't be a problem if you're into the wee hour whatevers.

-- Rich --

If anyone (at NESI) would particularly like me to bring my foot bass, please let me know. They're not very common and I thought maybe someone would like the chance to see/play one, maybe if considering getting one sometime. This is the foot bass made by Harry Geuns.

I am only coming out to hear the concert (may be there a bit before it), and for singing or whatever after that -- will probably bring my concertina, but I'll only bring the foot bass if I feel very ambitious or if someone says they'd really like a look at one. (It's not really too heavy to carry along, but I probably still don't know many of the same songs as anyone else.)

Please, please please bring it. I would love to get a lesson.