2007 Northeast Squeeze-in

Now that our Northeast Concertina Workshops event is behind us we've been able to focus on our Northeast Squeeze-In coming up this fall. I think that this is our 18th? We're back to our usuals - same time slot (3rd weekend in September), same format, same shenanigans. For those who've not made it to one of these, check out the reviews of year's past to get an idea of what goes on there.

We've also just posted a very tardy review of the most recent 2006 NESI here with many photos (you know who you are!). I hope to be seeing many of you there this fall!

-- Rich --

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that our Northeast Concertina Workshops event is behind us we've been able to focus on our Northeast Squeeze-In coming up this fall. I think that this is our 18th? We're back to our usuals - same time slot (3rd weekend in September), same format, same shenanigans.-- Rich --

Rats! Labor Day weekend would have worked for me, but I have a major conflict in 2nd half of September. So once again I must pass up the opportunity to see, hear, and meet other tinas and their players.

I had to pass up NECW this April, and now this. Oh well, I'll keep reading here and squeezin' away.

Still, thanks to Rich and his staff for putting these on -- keep up the good work and I'll make it one of these years.

--Mike K.

• 4 months later...
September is almost here, school is about to begin, so can NESI be far behind? I am so looking forward to it! Who will be there?

As much as i would like to go, Robin's semi-annual classical guitar concert is that weekend. Meeting Allison was amoung the many highlights of the weekend last year, though.

Alan

What's the processional music for Saturday night, Rich? "Road to Bucksteep"?
We haven't given it any thought this year... simplest is to go with that as it's been a favorite for years (and easy to learn!). There's a copy of it in our BBevent newsgroup. I'll put up an announcement there too.

-- Rich --

I feel terrible. NEFFA was such a blast playing concertinas with Jim Besser and David Barnert that I swore to myself this year I would make the Squeeze-In. Obi's Boys have a gig at the job site on the 17th and most of the weekend will be getting our act together.

Grrrrr! :angry:

I feel terrible. NEFFA was such a blast playing concertinas with Jim Besser and David Barnert that I swore to myself this year I would make the Squeeze-In. Obi's Boys have a gig at the job site on the 17th and most of the weekend will be getting our act together.

And once again I will miss meeting you, Mark. (Remember my last attempt, the blizzard of March, 2005? At least I got to talk to your other half on the phone!) One of these years - work keeps me from escaping for another trip to eastern Massachusetts at other times.

Ken

It was great fun at NEFFA; hopefully we'll do it again next year.

And I'll be missing the NESI, as well, due to Morris commitments -- two of which are in the W. Mass area.

The solution looks simple. Bring the lads to NESI! Plenty of time to practice for your gig and plenty more time to play with others.

The solution looks simple. Bring the lads to NESI! Plenty of time to practice for your gig and plenty more time to play with others.

The lads have to work in our practice time around their "honey-do's." Perhaps I could slip away for a number of hours on Saturday if I get my honey-do's done early.

It would be a salvation for my mind and soul for I' will have been wood-shedding on the banjo as I only pick the cursed thing up before a gig deadline. By Saturday I'll be a quasi lunatic from all that 5-string do-da.

Surey would love to connect with some folks...maybe.