Edoephone Duet On Ebay

This vanished from Ebay early and I thought 'someone's bought it; Damn!' then realised that relief was a better reaction. But now it's re-listed but in the barest way, doesn't show any decent pictures, doesn't specify the system; price is unchanged. Curious.

This vanished from Ebay early and I thought 'someone's bought it; Damn!' then realised that relief was a better reaction. But now it's re-listed but in the barest way, doesn't show any decent pictures, doesn't specify the system; price is unchanged. Curious.

Gone again ??? (I can't find it!)

... now it's re-listed but in the barest way, doesn't show any decent pictures, doesn't specify the system; price is unchanged. Curious.

Yes, it was relisted after the previous auction ended on 15th April, but with only one picture (of the interior) this time. Here's a link to the old auction (with all the pictures) and a link to the new listing.

Edited by Stephen Chambers

• 1 month later...
The cracked end exteriors, coupled with what might be a shrunken reed pan (treble pan, possible gaps on edges) should give one some pause. Throw in the possibility of unstable aluminium and you had best see this box in person and/or be paying quite a bit less than the buy it now price.
Indeed so, in fact I'd strongly recommend anyone interested in this instrument to bide their time until the seller reduces the price (as she usually does), sometimes several times before the end of the auction, or when she relists it.

Hey Dirge,

It's just been dropped down to £850.00 with less than 24 hours to go: Item number: 120109443172.

Tempted? ;)

I think I've convinced myself that it would be an enormous amount of grief/work for an instrument that wouldn't be as good as the same-sized Wheatstone I've already got.

I do keep a watching brief on it though, I had spotted the price drop...

I'd strongly recommend anyone interested in this instrument to bide their time until the seller reduces the price (as she usually does), sometimes several times before the end of the auction, or when she relists it.
Hey Dirge,

It's just been dropped down to £850.00 with less than 24 hours to go: Item number: 120109443172.

Tempted? ;)

And now it's down to £799.00: Item number: 120109443172

Going?

Tempted? ;)

And now it's down to £799.00: Item number: 120109443172

It has 26 days 3hours to go now. I watched it throughout the last 30 day auction and into the next one. With curiosity running wild (like why was there only a picture of the insides) I emailed "magginisupplies" to ask for more pictures and if they would take an offer on it. (Someone on C.net had said in the past that their instruments are either not brill condition or were rather highly priced - perhaps both?) A week later (due to holidays) I got about 6 more pix and a 'yes' to an offer. Having looked at the pix, I decided that it was too expnsive to begin restoration (not knowing how much it might sell for) but it looked like a BIG o/h is needed.

PM me if you would like to see the pix I was sent. Take a whisky in the few minutes before I send them on..

Foxy

Edited by Ironframe