Another Ebay Fraud

Paul Read

Hello,

I need some education re: this one as it offers payment through PayPal. I have been under the impression that this was not a form of payment utilized by the scamming crowd. I do notice that there is no PayPal assurance on this listing. Anyway, any instruction will be most helpful.

Be Well,

Dan

And I tried to tell ebay! How frustrating! If you do not have the original listing (which I believe was 6-8 months ago) their fraud report system doesn't let you through.

Bless all of the conscientious cnetters that try their best to protect us from the scammers...and the incompetents at ebay!

Greg

Edited by Greg Jowaisas

Hello,

I need some education re: this one as it offers payment through PayPal. I have been under the impression that this was not a form of payment utilized by the scamming crowd. I do notice that there is no PayPal assurance on this listing. Anyway, any instruction will be most helpful.

Be Well,

Dan

Hi Dan,

I got scammed myself about a year and a half ago. I paid through Paypal. Luckily I realised pretty soon after paying and through Paypal I got the money reimbused by the scammer. If he'd had the time, he would have taken the money and closed down all of his accounts but we caught him in time. As an aside, Paypal were the only winners as they burned me on the exchange rate both for the payment and the reimbusement. I avoid Paypal whenever possible due to this and their high fees.

I found that any issues that arise are unlikely to get resolved by Paypal if they win.

Edited by Paul Read

Paul--

I strongly suspect that this a hijacked account and just reported it to eBay as such (and mentioned in my report that the actual owner of the listed concertina had already contacted eBay). We'll see if that does the trick to get this removed.

Daniel

I can confirm that this one is a fraud as I own the concertina. Originally listed by an Australian seller:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

I have told ebay.

I see this one is still up, even after two messages to Ebay.

What a shame - another 12 hours to go, price getting higher ... :angry:

I actually informed them a third time, different route - still no action

Unconscionable!!

If it was three years ago and I was just starting out in the world of concertinas again I could be prey to a scam like this.

I'm thankful that Ebay has opened up the world marketplace but you'd think they could take a little time out from counting their money to put a "working" basic policing system into place.

Paul, if you would care to post or send me the original auction link I will take time out from tuning concertinas to try and navigate their dispute reporting system yet again. (Unless one has the original listing the fraud reporting format will not accept a complaint.)

Greg

Unconscionable!!

If it was three years ago and I was just starting out in the world of concertinas again I could be prey to a scam like this.

I'm thankful that Ebay has opened up the world marketplace but you'd think they could take a little time out from counting their money to put a "working" basic policing system into place.

Paul, if you would care to post or send me the original auction link I will take time out from tuning concertinas to try and navigate their dispute reporting system yet again. (Unless one has the original listing the fraud reporting format will not accept a complaint.)

Greg

Hi Greg,

I'm afraid I don't have the link for the original. The original seller pointed this one out to me.

The "fraudulent use and copy of another ebay listing report" I tried to use had 3 parts:

!. Current listing in question

2. Original listing

3. Comments

When I could not provide the original listing information it would not accept my submission.

I ended up copying the infernal form and emailing it to Ebay along with my concerns.

No reply.

A shame! I hope no one gets burned with this one.

Greg

And it's a private listing (I don't understand why eBay still allows those given their associations with seller fraud) so we won't be able to e-mail the winning buyer to warn them.

I really hope that eBay takes this down in the next few hours.

Paul, does your seller know the listing number of the actual sale?

Daniel

The "fraudulent use and copy of another ebay listing report" I tried to use had 3 parts:

2. Original listing

3. Comments

When I could not provide the original listing information it would not accept my submission.

I ended up copying the infernal form and emailing it to Ebay along with my concerns.

No reply.

A shame! I hope no one gets burned with this one.

Greg

2. Original listing

3. Comments

Greg,

I report them to eBay.co.uk by a different route, which usually seems to succeed:

First click on "Report this item" in the listing, then in Step 1 on "Fraudulent listings (illegal seller demands, item not received, etc.)", followed by Step 2 "You suspect that a listing is fraudulent" (you didn't bid), then Continue to "Email us with your question or concern".

The "fraudulent use and copy of another ebay listing report" is intended for the use of sellers whose current listings have been copied.

By the way, I notice that the "seller's" account in question appears to have been inactive for 7 years, which I think should in itself be considered suspicious when considering a purchase, and especially such a large one.

Edited by Stephen Chambers

I noticed that too, and included it in my "stolen ID" report to eBay a few days ago. I don't know why this listing didn't get removed.

By the way, I notice that the "seller's" account in question appears to have been inactive for 7 years, which I think should in itself be considered suspicious when considering a purchase, and especially such a large one.