Wanted! Young Concertina Player For Movie.

Does anybody know of anybody who'd be interesteed in this.

At the moment, just about the only thing that I know is that the project is low on budget......but it could be a great opportunity for somebody aged 16-21ish

If anybody is interested, please e mail Eos Chater eoschater_at_mac.com

change the _at_ to @

Project overview

Working Title film company are shooting a film called Hunky Dory this summer starring Catherine Zeta Jones. She plays the part of a music teacher, and the big finale of the film is to have her school orchestra playing an amazing concert comprising arrangements of songs from the 70s.The director, Mark Evans wants this finale to sound out of this world, and he wants 11-18 year olds to play and record these arrangements. There is also a chance they could be in the film.

In order to create a real sense of energy, the composer, Joby Talbot and Peter Wiegold (see below) would like to have a week's workshop/improvisation with these players. During this workshop there will hopefully be some gems of ideas of unusual arrangement which joby will then go away and arrange. there will be a second 3 day period during which time these arrangements will be rehearsed and then recorded.

Dates:

Workshop/impro week: April 9th-12th (Easter hols)

Rehearsal/recording: May 5th -7th inclusive.

Filming: tbc July?

It is not known yet whether this particular recording will be used in the film as it depends on the standard achieved. If it is used- contracts etc will be arranged at that time

All events will be in Cardiff. Location tbc

... low on budget... Catherine Zeta Jones.

Can this be true?

Phil, where did you get this information? My googling didn't find any mention of it, nor even of various combinations such as "Working Title film company" and "Mark Evans". I did get a few hits on (please ignore the pun) the combination of "Catherine Zeta Jones" and "Eos Chater", but they're all just lists of the "sexy women from Wales" variety; nothing about them working together on any sort of project.

Can this be true?

Phil, where did you get this information? My googling didn't find any mention of it, nor even of various combinations such as "Working Title film company" and "Mark Evans". I did get a few hits on (please ignore the pun) the combination of "Catherine Zeta Jones" and "Eos Chater", but they're all just lists of the "sexy women from Wales" variety; nothing about them working together on any sort of project.

Jim,

Just give up now - we all know you could never get away with pretending to be aged 16 to 21 or under :)

Can this be true?
Jim,

Just give up now - we all know you could never get away with pretending to be aged 16 to 21 or under :)

Oh, I've been accused of acting much younger than that. :D

But I really just wanted to be sure that it's not a scam, before I recommend to a couple of young 'tina players I know that they might inquire.

Found this under the film title: "Hunky Dory". Is it the same one? I think I'm too old too.

http://www.filmagencywales.com/documents/2...y-auditions.pdf

That looks like the same one, and it does look real enough.

But searching for "Hunky Dory" on that same Film Agency for Wales web site, I get only the announcement about that Feb. 12 open audition for singers. Nothing about a later audition for instrumentalists, much less dates for such, and nothing about direct email inquiries.

So I'm still unsure.

I don't see anywhere in the first post where they're asking for concertina players. It looks like they're asking for orchestral players:

She plays the part of a music teacher, and the big finale of the film is to have her school orchestra playing an amazing concert comprising arrangements of songs from the 70s.

Am I missing something?