Any C.netters In Vancouver And Denver Next Week?

I am going to Vancouver next week, from Tuesday night to Thursday (night),

and after that to Denver, Co. from Friday to Tuesday. I will be at the "Folk & Roots Festival"

in Swallowhill on the Saturday, 31st.

Meet and share a couple of beers?

/Henrik

(Not bringing an instrument (EC))

Henrik, I will not be in either, but did find a few friendly sessions in Denver when I was there in September.Take a look at www.thesession.org. I do urge you to pack an instrument, I always somehow find a tune on business travel.

Hello there, Larry -

Thanks! Strangely enough, my use of session.org is focused only on checking the odd tune, never sessions. (Now, that's what I call imagination!)

I am travelling with a colleague and we aren't likely to be off for a whole night at any point (lots of colleagues in Denver). Hence the lack of instrument.

But there were indeed sessions in Denver (Sunday we are booked, :-( ).

/Henrik

I am travelling with a colleague and we aren't likely to be off for a whole night at any point (lots of colleagues in Denver). Hence the lack of instrument.

But there were indeed sessions in Denver (Sunday we are booked, :-( ).

If there's any chance of rearranging your Sunday schedule, you should consider coming up to Boulder for our Sunday 7.p.m. session. (Easy trip from Denver by car or bus.) There are two regular concertina players in our Boulder session: one English player and one switch-hitter (me). I would happily lend you my Wheatstone Aeola English while I squeeze away on my Morse Anglo.

Whoops! I just remembered that on Sunday, April 1, there will be no session in Boulder ... the reason being that we're all going to a concert in Lyons, Colorado (20 minutes north of Boulder) by fiddler Liz Carroll and guitarist John Doyle. For the same reason, the Sunday night session scene in Denver is likely to be quiet.

Henrik, PM me if you'd like to try to meet up on Monday.

Wolf And Hound

3617 West Broadway, Van., Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Telephone: 604-738-8909

Irish session

Wednsday 8:30 pm

email me for more info if you wish

Henrik, give me a ring (check your PM's and emails for my number) before you leave, and I'll put you in touch with a couple of folks, including one who I'm sure will let you use a nice metal-ended Wheatstone English in return for hearing you play. :)

Too bad the Jericho Folk Club is closed until May. Their night is Tuesday, and they both start with a session and have an open stage segment.

I remember another session, as well, but not the location or which day of the week. But my friends would know; it's one of them who took me there. I remember a couple of youthful anglo players at that one.