My Anglo Tutor Is Now On Line

Alan Day

A friend has made available his website for downloading my tutor.This will not only save me a lot of money it will also make it instantly available and you will not have to wait for the postman.

[url=http://www.etanbenami.com (then click on Anglo Tutor).

Many thanks Etam for making this possible.

This tutor is an introduction to English style playing,it was not professionaly made only initially put together for a friend, but may be of assistance.It is two row playing on a CG Anglo Concertina.Written music is available for those of you who play to dots,but it is also a help for those of you who wish to play by ear.

Al

Edited by Alan Day

• 3 weeks later...
I"m also new to the forum...are these tutorials audio only or is there video with them? I'm only getting a sound track.

They do sound good, but can't see anything!

They look like mp3 files, so presumably they're audio only. :)

Chris

I"m also new to the forum...are these tutorials audio only or is there video with them? I'm only getting a sound track.

They do sound good, but can't see anything!

They look like mp3 files, so presumably they're audio only. :)

Chris

You are correct they are audio only,but I do give an explanation as to which buttons I am pushing,so you can use your imagination as to what it looks like.

Please give me a feed back as to how you are getting on with this tutor.I must stress again ,please do not rush through it , the first couple of lessons will drive you and anyone listening crazy, but the rest will become so much easier once you do the first part automatically,without thinking about it.

Al ( handsome in audio)

• 6 months later...

Wow nearly up to a thousand hits on this site and thanks once again to Etan who made this possible. The burning and sending by post of the free CDs were getting rather costly for Alex Jones USA and myself and this has helped keep the frown on my Bank Managers face down to an acceptable level.

Al

Edited by Alan Day

• 1 year later...

I would just like to add my thanks to Alan for this tutor.

I am closer to 50 than 40, never learned to play a musical instrument in my life & can't read music- so deciding to try & learn to play the 'tina a couple of months ago was an obvious choice!!!! :lol:

Anyway, I find the audio tutor brilliant & with just a couple of weeks absorbing the first lessons I now have a much greater understanding of what I am doing, and what I am hearing when I listen to other players.

A steep learning curve & no doubt frustration & exasperation ahead- but it's fun!

p.s

while I'm at it- thanks to all on concertina.net -a great source of info for numpty's like me!

Many thanks for all your kind comments.

This Tutor is an exact replica of how I learnt to play the Anglo Concertina. The exercises are in exactly the order in which I learnt them.

I must stress that I spent hours at playing each step.Many players skip through the early exersises to play the tunes,but it is the early ones that need the work.From the timing and coordination experiance gained you can move on with confidence.

Thank you all once again and to those who have contacted me direct.

Al

Alan

I've found it helpful in adding two note (1 and 5 ) chords when playing drones and chords with ITM ( I call them 'blarts' or 'squawks' !. Admittedly it is often tricky in D or A on a C/G concertina but it is forcing a good learning experience , getting all on the same pull or push.

Coupled with another thread where people are discussing omitting the 3rd note in chords I have made a little breakthrough!

• 1 month later...
Alan

I've found it helpful in adding two note (1 and 5 ) chords when playing drones and chords with ITM ( I call them 'blarts' or 'squawks' !. Admittedly it is often tricky in D or A on a C/G concertina but it is forcing a good learning experience , getting all on the same pull or push.

Coupled with another thread where people are discussing omitting the 3rd note in chords I have made a little breakthrough!

Michael -Do you think I should send a copy to Noel?

Thanks for your comments chaps, glad it is being of use.

Al :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

With my tutor postings now over 5000 I wish to thank Etan Benami for making this available as a download (FREE). Before he offered assistance I was burning CD after CD and posting them Worldwide. It was costing an absolute fortune as well as taking up a lot of my time.

Thank you all for your lovely comments about it.

Al :)

With my tutor postings now over 5000 I wish to thank Etan Benami for making this available as a download (FREE). Before he offered assistance I was burning CD after CD and posting them Worldwide. It was costing an absolute fortune as well as taking up a lot of my time.

Well earned comments. A lot of nice work Alan.

One of the files needs updating though. The About these files still has a link to the old address with an error.

http://www.filmsonglass.co.uk/concertina-tutorial.htm

Thanks

Leo

Well earned comments. A lot of nice work Alan.

One of the files needs updating though. The About these files still has a link to the old address with an error.

http://www.filmsonglass.co.uk/concertina-tutorial.htm

Thanks

Leo

Thanks Leo

This was linked to my old company and the website has now been closed. As I have now retired I am in the process of replacing it with a new domain name. I will post it here when my Son has sorted it all out.

This will make the dots available for the Tutor if you require them.

Al

Edited by Alan Day