Ebay Wheatstone

spindizzy

Guest Peter Laban

That was exactly the reply that came to me when I first read the message.

Reminds me of one of the older players here who tapped his box and at the dust flying out of the holes remarked: 'Sure, it's fine, when you see the holes you know they've left'

Edited by Peter Laban

That was exactly the reply that came to me when I first read the message.

Reminds me of one of the older players here who tapped his box and at the dust flying out of the holes remarked: 'Sure, it's fine, when you see the holes you know they've left'

Which reminds me of a "fact":-

To tell if woodworm is still in the instrument it is necessary to count the holes. An odd number means that it is still in there and an even number means it has gone :ph34r:

Pete

To tell if woodworm is still in the instrument it is necessary to count the holes. An odd number means that it is still in there and an even number means it has gone :ph34r:

Pete

Unless left near a dartboard! :o

Or even used as a dartboard! (There was no bodhran available). B)

MC

Cute, but false. B)

Two holes could mean two woodworms entered and neither left. :ph34r:

In which case they could be breeding a whole lot more?

(Or do they have to grow into wood moths, first? :unsure: )

Cute, but false. B)

Two holes could mean two woodworms entered and neither left. :ph34r:

In which case they could be breeding a whole lot more?

(Or do they have to grow into wood moths, first? :unsure: )

Well, if the concertina is full of woodworm, then the only reason it is still in one piece is because the woodworm are holding hands! :lol:

Chris

...if the concertina is full of woodworm, then the only reason it is still in one piece is because the woodworm are holding hands! :lol:

Best not play too well, then.

If they applaud, the instrument will come apart.
:o
:D

And the mad driller has struck again! This time, on a 50-button Lachenal from Chris Algar.

Daniel,

In this case I think they were probably inspired by all the German concertinas that were made with "trumpet holes" around the sides like that. They may also function as a kind of "monitor", to let the player hear better what he's doing! :unsure:

And the mad driller has struck again! This time, on a 50-button Lachenal from Chris Algar.

Daniel,

In this case I think they were probably inspired by all the German concertinas that were made with "trumpet holes" around the sides like that. They may also function as a kind of "monitor", to let the player hear better what he's doing! :unsure:

Dear Stephen,

Do you happen to have any layout diagrams for 50 button Anglos?

Thanks,

Neil