A Dangerous Hobby ?

fkohl

Yeah, and it hurt a whole heck of a lot more!

I think Chemnitzer translates

"a musical(?) instrument which can also double as a weapon used on the performer when played poorly or at all"

By the way if, saxophone players are called saxophonists and flute players are called flautists and fiddle players are called fiddlers and concertina players (the real ones) are called concertinists, what are chemnitzer players called?

I might be sorry I asked.

Edited by Perry Werner

By the way if, saxophone players are called saxophonists and flute players are called flautists and fiddle players are called fiddlers and concertina players (the real ones) are called concertininsts, what are chemnitzer players called?

If tin whistles are made out of tin. What are foghorns made out of?

Chas

By the way if, saxophone players are called saxophonists and flute players are called flautists and fiddle players are called fiddlers and concertina players (the real ones) are called concertininsts, what are chemnitzer players called?

If tin whistles are made out of tin. What are foghorns made out of?

Chas

Fog! Fog!

I don't suppose Lonnie Donegan had a concertina player in his band...

Joshua

I think Chemnitzer translates

"a musical(?) instrument which can also double as a weapon used on the performer when played poorly or at all"

Not the same thing at all, but one night in New York I did successfully defend myself against a trio of muggers with the aid of my tin whistle. :ph34r: Didn't have the concertina with me at the time, so I can't say for sure how effective it might be as a weapon.

By the way if, saxophone players are called saxophonists and flute players are called flautists and fiddle players are called fiddlers and concertina players (the real ones) are called concertinists, what are chemnitzer players called?

Hmm. If Chemnitzer made mandolins and the like, then the players would be Chemnitpickers. But they don't and they're not, so I don't know. "Chemnitzerists" sounds like a form of repetitive stress disorder (Chemnitz wrists?).

Hungarian dance? Concertina?
Not to mention Washkovitch, Lapka, Pennsylvania...
Don't you worry, it's the other type of concertina.
Probably!
Then again, maybe he was playing English, and that's why his music was deemed "unsatisfactory".
what are chemnitzer players called?
Konzertina-spieler.

Then again, maybe he was playing English, and that's why his music was deemed "unsatisfactory".

Nah, if he was playing English, his music would be considered non-existent, and he'd be kindly laughed at by bemused patrons, wandering what is that idle man doing in the orchestra?

Not the same thing at all, but one night in New York I did successfully defend myself against a trio of muggers with the aid of my tin whistle. :ph34r: Didn't have the concertina with me at the time, so I can't say for sure how effective it might be as a weapon.

If you have a tin whistle you can play it; if you have a concertina you can simply bellow

Del

Chemnitzer players could possibly be called ChemNeitzscheans.

I am sorry for the death of a player, even a Chemnitscher player. I have long thought that the playing of a musical instrument, for the sheer joy of it, was a very positive persuit. Even if I don't particularly like a piece of music being presented, I admire the impulse to play.

In my own case, I wish I were a better layer!

Russell Hedges

"In every real man a child is hidden that wants to play."

- Neitzche

"In every real man a child is hidden that wants to play."

- Neitzche

I may have attributed the first two of the following quotes the wrong way round, or they may all be wrongly attributed as I am only passing on what was told to me:-

1. To do is to be - Neitzche

2. To be is to do - Freud

3. Do be, Do, be, do!! - Frank Sinatra

:D