Jeffries Anglo

PeterT

Gorgeous.

I played a restored Jeffries Bb/F a while back, the sound was transcendent.

probably wouldn't sell.

50 keys is way too many and heavy.

Bb/F is not common for moneied amateurs.

Professionals don't have money for luxury items.

Starting price is too high, can't draw any fool into the chase.

This kind of instruments are better be offered for lease to recording artists, not for sale, esp. an Ebay.

I'd furnish a saloon with sound absorbing furniture and drapery, nice colors and offer just one instrument for sale. By appointments only, and only artists of some proven acclaim allowed. A priced tickett to enter and a nice meal served with Champagne. Slow conversation, demonstration and offer to try it for as long as the evening goes. Tomorrow is another ticket, or buy a pass, that lasts from a few days to a year. Or untill the instrument is sold. Then the money is returned. It will bring the glamour of chick to the concertina and set up correct attitude towards such rarities. Not an Ebay, of all places.

But the best of all, I'd get free concerts from best artists every evening, if I wanted, just one on one, Imagine that!

Edited by m3838

Does anyone know why you cant search for this item using ebay.com (only ebay.co.uk)?

For example:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/jeffries-concertina_W0QQfromZR40

http://search.ebay.com/jeffries-concertina_W0QQfromZR40

You can get to the auction by searching for the auction number on ebay.com, though:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=250079915445

Anyone know why this happens? There's another Jeffries (and presumably other instruments) not showing up on the US site, even though they ship worldwide.

I found both, searching under "concertina" on ebay.com. Did you set your search to "worldwide"?

Daniel

Does anyone know why you cant search for this item using ebay.com (only ebay.co.uk)?

For example:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/jeffries-concertina_W0QQfromZR40

http://search.ebay.com/jeffries-concertina_W0QQfromZR40

You can get to the auction by searching for the auction number on ebay.com, though:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=250079915445

Anyone know why this happens? There's another Jeffries (and presumably other instruments) not showing up on the US site, even though they ship worldwide.

I found both, searching under "concertina" on ebay.com. Did you set your search to "worldwide"?

Daniel

Oddly, that did the trick. "Worldwide" was already selected in the dropdown menu, but I guess the option itself isn't checked by default and needs to be. Bad UI design--no need for the checkbox in this case. But, I don't expect much from eBay in terms of design or usability...

Edited by dpmccabe

probably wouldn't sell.

50 keys is way too many and heavy.

Bb/F is not common for moneied amateurs.

Professionals don't have money for luxury items.

Starting price is too high, can't draw any fool into the chase.

£3250 is a high start price, but I'm certain that there will be bidding, if only because of the unusual fretted ends. My only fear is that someone might buy it to re-pitch in C/G. Agree with you, it will be a heavy box!

Regards,

Peter.

..........can't see why it wouldn't sell.Don't think it's an UNreasonable starting price for such a splendid instrument and Bb/F is a terrific key for an anglo and it is apparently fully restored.If you're sitting down to play, the action and reed response are more relevant than weight.My concern would be how it plays.............are they original reeds etc.

Robin (but not bidding !)

..........can't see why it wouldn't sell.Don't think it's an UNreasonable starting price for such a splendid instrument and Bb/F is a terrific key for an anglo and it is apparently fully restored.If you're sitting down to play, the action and reed response are more relevant than weight.My concern would be how it plays.............are they original reeds etc.

Robin (but not bidding !)

6 dayhs left. 3 daysinto an auction - 0 bids.

Any seasoned, serious bidder is likely to bid in the last few minutes. Let's see what happens then.

Yes, as predicted, Paul. However, I'm a bit surprised that it went at the opening price of £3250. The winner, potentially, has a "bargain".

Regards,

Peter.

Any seasoned, serious bidder is likely to bid in the last few minutes. Let's see what happens then.

Yes, as predicted, Paul. However, I'm a bit surprised that it went at the opening price of £3250. The winner, potentially, has a "bargain".

Regards,

Peter.

Hi Peter,

I would have expected a couple more bids than that too.

True that..........could be a great instrument at a fair price.Both Paul (above) and I have recently got Bb/F anglos and LOVE the tuning.

My favourite comment so far this year on C.net was Malcolm Clapp saying he hopes nobody converts it to a Jeffries Duet :lol: :lol:

Now we know why Malcolm had to leave England...he's clearly a subversive :ph34r:

Regards Robin

True that..........could be a great instrument at a fair price.Both Paul (above) and I have recently got Bb/F anglos and LOVE the tuning.

My favourite comment so far this year on C.net was Malcolm Clapp saying he hopes nobody converts it to a Jeffries Duet :lol: :lol:

Now we know why Malcolm had to leave England...he's clearly a subversive :ph34r:

Regards Robin

I love this tuning too, it's kindest on the ears.

I think Malcolm would be welcomed back at any time..........it would be interesting to find out, however, whether this Anglo started life as a Jeffries Duet. Somehow, I doubt it, hence can see the funny side of Malcolm's comment.

Regards,

Peter.

Regards Robin

Good old Clappo ... Right on the button ! :lol:

The buyer has a bargain I'd say....and quite a handful too.

Sighs! ..If only I had seven fingers on each hand ..... and £3251 :(

Regards

Dave prebble

Edited by Dave Prebble