Ssi 2007 Dates

which weekend?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Apologies to all for the tardiness of this. Each of us "organizers" of the Scandinavian Squeeze-In have had our own separate external pressures, and the SSI details were neglected for too long. Now we're back, though.

We need to book the house at Gamlegård as soon as possible, which means we need to select the weekend. And although we already have our preferences, it's possible that we could be swayed by a heavy majority of responders, though we're considering only three options.

I hope we'll have the new SSI website up within a couple of weeks, but for those who want to know more about the SSI itself, I suggest you go to www.concertina.se and click on "2003" under "SSI" in the menu at the left. The dates will be different, but most details are still the same. Even the price, though not yet decided, is still likely to be under 700 Swedish kronor.

I'll leave it to others to make comments supporting one weekend or another, if they wish, or to say more about the SSI itself.

Edited to add: Oops! How did I manage to do that?!! The "non-dinding" the title should be "non-binding". I'd correct it if I could.

Edited by JimLucas

I read it as a non-dining poll, which made me curious.

Alan

About the food. It's vegetarian.

Weekend is great though.

By the way 4th. may weekend there is a, "MUDCAT EURO GATHERING 2007" at Kiel (Where I'll be calling at the improvised Ceilidh)

And because of that I'd like to change my vote to leave that weekend clear, but I can't.

Chas

Edited by fidjit

Weekend is great though.

I'm not a vegetarian, but the food is superb. I mean really very, very good. They hire in a cook for the weekend and she is a class act.

It puzzles me how many non-vegetarians seem to believe that if food doesn't include meat it becomes, ipso facto, inedible. Rather sad, really.

Chris

Edited by Chris Timson

Weekend is great though.

I'm not a vegetarian, but the food is superb.

It puzzles me how many non-vegetarians seem to believe that if food doesn't include meat it becomes, ipso facto, inedible. Rather sad, really.

Chris

I din't say the food was bad Chis. In fact the food is fine.

However, I was adding to the "Non-dining poll" remark.

This is a bit like Mornigton Cresent.

By the way have you heard anything fom Tedrow ?

Chas

Edited by fidjit

11-13 May is the German Concertina Weekend near Bielefeld. So having the SSI on 4-6 May opens the possibility of combining the two for us.

Sorry for not replying sooner but I've been feeling like death warmed up these last few days.

Jonathan

I'm in Kiel on 4-6 May

So tell us about Bielefeld Jonathan. How far from Kiel? etc.

Chas