Wheatstone Aeola For Sale

Alan Jones

It is in beautiful condition. I bought it from Marcus Music about 20 years ago, but have been playing it less and less so it is time to let it go. It has recently been back to Marcus for a check-up. It just needed a couple of values sorting out.

I live near Chippenham, North Wiltshire. I am very happy for you to come and have a look (and of course have a play!).

I am asking £1,750 or nearest offer.

Here are some pictures

A couple more points....

It comes with a modern soft case. I thought the original box was a bit fragile for carting around sessions!

It does still have the original wrist straps, which look as though they have hardly been used.

Just thought I'd say hi, because as I write I'm sitting at my desk in an office in Chippenham. I play anglo myself, but we do get several English players come along to our English music session in Bradford on Avon, and you never know, one of them might be interested. Co-incidentally there's one tonight, at The George in Bradford on Avon.

Chris

It is in beautiful condition. I bought it from Marcus Music about 20 years ago, but have been playing it less and less so it is time to let it go. It has recently been back to Marcus for a check-up. It just needed a couple of values sorting out.

I live near Chippenham, North Wiltshire. I am very happy for you to come and have a look (and of course have a play!).

Here are some pictures

Dear Sir,

May I know when this instrument is made? Does it need any further restoration?

Chi

Dear Sir,

May I know when this instrument is made? Does it need any further restoration?

Chi

Hello Chi

The Wheatstone day book shows that the instrument left their factory on 31st December 1937. As far as I am aware, it needs no further restoration. It has just been checked over by Marcus Music, who fixed a couple of rattling valves.

Alan

• 2 weeks later...
A lot of people are viewing my post, but very few have contacted me. If you need more information please let me know. And remember, I am open to offers!

Alan, I'd suggest you post your ad in the classified ad section in addition to your post here on the fourm. You can reach the classified ad section by clicking on "Concertina.net" above and then clicking on "Buy and Sell." You'll get more exposure that way. Cheers. Mike

Here are some pictures

Hi Alan

What is the range of the instrument?

Is the lowest note the G below middle C or does it go down one more row to the C below that G?

Alan

Hi Alan

Is the lowest note the G below middle C or does it go down one more row to the C below that G?

Alan

Hello Alan

Its a standard treble, so the lowest note is G below middle C.

Alan

Hi Alan

Alan

Hello Alan

Its a standard treble, so the lowest note is G below middle C.

Alan

Ok Alan

I'm afraid that I'm not interested then, as my lovely metal-ended Edeophone caters very well with that range!

All the best!

"In the springtime of the year ...!"

• 3 weeks later...