List Of Things Not To Do With Your Concertinas

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should think trying to play it underwater would not be a good idea either :).

Falling while holding your concertina is right out as well... and unfortunately is sometimes unavoidable. Fortunately I have never had serious damage come from a fall, but I did have to adjust a couple of reeds once.

--

Bill

Falling while holding your concertina is right out as well... and unfortunately is sometimes unavoidable. Fortunately I have never had serious damage come from a fall, but I did have to adjust a couple of reeds once.

Do tell.......... :unsure:

Generally speaking, I wouldn’t recommend doing extended portions of the melody in parallel 2nds.

Parallel tritones wouldn't be recommended either.

Playing a really quiet instrument in a really loud session or a really loud instrument in a really quiet session isn't a great idea either.

Generally speaking, I wouldn’t recommend doing extended portions of the melody in parallel 2nds.

Playing a really quiet instrument in a really loud session or a really loud instrument in a really quiet session isn't a great idea either.

There is nothing wrong with being a really quiet instrument in a loud session.... Certainly, it limits the complaints when you play badly :).

--

Bill

If I remember correctly, isn't your avatar sitting on the side of the Canadian Houses of Parliment? ;)
Robin, my avatar is sitting and my avatar is on the side of the Canadian Houses of Parliment but (at least as I see it) that doesn't mean it is clear just what my avatar is sitting on. :huh:

Sorry to get serious in an inappropriate place, but parallel tritones can be quite nice given the appropriate accompaniment. Just think of them as seventh chords who aren't sure what their root and fifth ought to be.