Happy New Year!

Best wishes for good health, good wealth, and good squeezing in 2007 to my C-Net family.

May our little corner of the internet continue to be a haven to all who love concertinas!

Hugs all around,

Rhomylly

Edited by Rhomylly

Best wishes for good health, good wealth, and good squeezing in 2007 to my C-Net family.

May our little corner of the internet continue to be a haven to all who love concertinas!

Hugs all around,

Rhomylly

The same to you Rhomylly. My intro to the NCY (New Concertina Year) began in a great fashion. I played my first "gig". Actually, our parish choir, whom I sing with, asked me to play my concertina to Silent Night as part of a meditation time following communion during today's Mass. So a couple of guitars and a keyboard played chords in the background, while I played an arrangement for the melody I had modified from a children's music book. I was very nervous, because I usually play badly in front of others and a few minutes before we were to start my mind went blank as to how to even begin the tune. But I said a little prayer that my fingers would remember and sure enough they did and without any "noticeable" mistakes. What a rush it was. And it sounded very nice. I played the melody on my Edgley A/E using key of C positions. The Edgley had just the right tone to for this carol to evoke both a spiritual and nostalgic mood. At least that's how it effected me.

Here's hoping everyone's "gigs", whatever they are, go as well in the upcoming year. Best wishes to all in this community.

CaryK

Hugs all around,

Rhomylly

The same to you Rhomylly. My intro to the NCY (New Concertina Year) began in a great fashion. I played my first "gig". Actually, our parish choir, whom I sing with, asked me to play my concertina to Silent Night as part of a meditation time following communion during today's Mass. So a couple of guitars and a keyboard played chords in the background, while I played an arrangement for the melody I had modified from a children's music book. I was very nervous, because I usually play badly in front of others and a few minutes before we were to start my mind went blank as to how to even begin the tune. But I said a little prayer that my fingers would remember and sure enough they did and without any "noticeable" mistakes. What a rush it was. And it sounded very nice. I played the melody on my Edgley A/E using key of C positions. The Edgley had just the right tone to for this carol to evoke both a spiritual and nostalgic mood. At least that's how it effected me.

Here's hoping everyone's "gigs", whatever they are, go as well in the upcoming year. Best wishes to all in this community.

CaryK

And to you, Rhomylly and all! I've been a bit of a recluse this fall, and my schedule doesn't promise to get any lighter. But I'm glad you're all here, and I'll pop in when I can!

Meanwhile, I'm playing away. I did an arrangement, with melody AND chords, of "Tomorrow shall be my dancing day" for the Christmas eve service at the local village church.

Love to all-

And to you, Rhomylly and all! I've been a bit of a recluse this fall, and my schedule doesn't promise to get any lighter. But I'm glad you're all here, and I'll pop in when I can!

Meanwhile, I'm playing away. I did an arrangement, with melody AND chords, of "Tomorrow shall be my dancing day" for the Christmas eve service at the local village church.

Love to all-

Well, I knew you were busy, Allison...I went to Keene sometime before the holidays (to my brother's photo exhibit at a sale) and saw a poster on the wall at a restaurant, announcing a concert date for Animaterra! (I get to Keene about once every two years!) I said, 'Hey, I know this person, she's a concertina player!'

I should come up to one of your concerts sometime -- post the dates here, if you will! I'm much more interested in going north than east, these days. I've been checking out groups that meet for singing in the Boston area (shape-note, and West Gallery), but the driving makes me think twice, and the public transporation is often not workable. Driving to New Hampshire is soooo much more fun!

Happy New Year to everyone, yes....and Barbara? Where did she go, too? I guess everyone is busy. That's good, I suppose! :)