New Videos Concertina

Leo

Another couple for your enjoyment. Afraid they are a bit dark though

Pete

Thanks, Pete!

I was there that night - my very first attendance in a Bradfield (Royal Hotel) session

and the first time I played my "new" concertina after the major rebuild.

I actually found myself in one of the videos (using a very strong, digital flashlight

and a very large, digital magnifying glass :D)

/Henrik

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure that the EC player on the left, seen in the opening seconds of the video and again near the end, is Clare Woolgrove, a Seattle Rolfer whom I met in the late 90's when she studied at the Rolf Institute in Boulder.
That would be stage left, our right, right? The other one, to our left of the melodeon player (who sits between the two concertina players), is only seen briefly, toward the end. Edited by David Barnert

I'm pretty sure that the EC player on the left, seen in the opening seconds of the video and again near the end, is Clare Woolgrove, a Seattle Rolfer whom I met in the late 90's when she studied at the Rolf Institute in Boulder.
That would be stage left, our right, right? The other one, to our left of the melodeon player (who sits between the two concertina players), is only seen briefly, toward the end.

Hi David,

Stage right.

I only met Clare once, and had to check on Google that it was the same person. However, the concertina confirms it, for me.

By the way, I've mailed Clare, so it will be interesting to see whether she joins the Forum.

Regards,

Peter.

That would be stage left, our right, right? The other one, to our left of the melodeon player (who sits between the two concertina players), is only seen briefly, toward the end.

No, the player to our left of the melodeon is seen for about one second at :01 and again for several seconds at 1:50.

Clare, by the way, was at one of the NE Squeeze-Ins in the 1997-1999 timeframe.

Hi David,

Stage right.

I only met Clare once, and had to check on Google that it was the same person. However, the concertina confirms it, for me.

By the way, I've mailed Clare, so it will be interesting to see whether she joins the Forum.

Regards,

Peter.

Clare has mailed me to say that she does visit this Forum. It is Clare Woolgrove to the left of picture (stage right), playing the Lachenal Edeophone. The other concertina player, centre stage, is Eileen O'Conner.

Nice to see Keith Kendrick in action. Interesting video caption "New Band"; does anyone have details? I'm keen to know the other (Anglo?) player to the right of camera.

Thanks,

Peter.

Peter

Could this be the correct information?: :unsure:

http://www.musiciansinresidence.org/musici...;musician_id=78

Sylvia Needham - vocals, McCann duet concertina, guitar

Keith Kendrick - instruments, vocals, English and anglo concertinas, guitar

Thanks

Leo :unsure:

Edited by Leo

Nice to see Keith Kendrick in action. Interesting video caption "New Band"; does anyone have details? I'm keen to know the other (Anglo?) player to the right of camera.

Thanks,

Peter.

Peter

Could this be the correct information?: :unsure:

http://www.musiciansinresidence.org/musici...;musician_id=78

Sylvia Needham - vocals, McCann duet concertina, guitar

Keith Kendrick - instruments, vocals, English and anglo concertinas, guitar

Thanks

Leo :unsure:

Thanks, Leo. Sounds very likely, and Anglo plus Duet would make more sense than two Anglos.

Regards,

Peter.

Thanks,

Peter.

This clip, taken in my living room, is of Keith (anglo, english, voice) and Alan Squires (anglo, melodeon, banjo, tuba) and me (anglo, melodeon, double bass) putting together some ideas for a "new band". Other musicians will also be involved in the near future. All being well, we'll be up and running in the next few months. That's me in the white T-shirt just in shot playing anglo.

Howard Mitchell

www.hgmitchell.co.uk

Thanks,

Peter.

This clip, taken in my living room, is of Keith (anglo, english, voice) and Alan Squires (anglo, melodeon, banjo, tuba) and me (anglo, melodeon, double bass) putting together some ideas for a "new band". Other musicians will also be involved in the near future. All being well, we'll be up and running in the next few months. That's me in the white T-shirt just in shot playing anglo.

Howard Mitchell

www.hgmitchell.co.uk

Thanks Howard. Wow, up to three Anglos! :)

Regards,

Peter.

I found myself playing the concertina today and the camera was already set up (pointing at my bird table on my balcony) and just needed turning round - so I found myself recording

One thing is that it shows that with a strap across the bottom of the bellows you can play without the pinky rest (so all 4 fingers free to move and play) and not have the bellows flapping around.

I found myself playing the concertina today and the camera was already set up (pointing at my bird table on my balcony) and just needed turning round - so I found myself recording

Nice playing, Danny, and good acoustics in the room.

Regards,

Peter.