New Videos Concertina

Leo

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lively tune from Keith Kendrick. Added 31 Jan.

Thanks

Leo :)

How come that the player takes the hand out of the strap and concertina keeps on playing? Was it so much out of sync?

Another of life's illusions! You only see the one player (Keith). See Howard Mitchell's posting earlier in this thread.

Regards,

Peter.

Lively tune from Keith Kendrick. Added 31 Jan.

Thanks

How come that the player takes the hand out of the strap and concertina keeps on playing? Was it so much out of sync?

Another of life's illusions! You only see the one player (Keith). See Howard Mitchell's posting earlier in this thread.

Regards,

Peter.

Sorry to disillusion you. There does appear to be a sync problem as I wasn't playing on this one, it's all down to Keith. I'll try and find out how it was edited.

Howard

Sorry to disillusion you. There does appear to be a sync problem as I wasn't playing on this one, it's all down to Keith. I'll try and find out how it was edited.

Well, it certainly sounded like more than one concertina, to me!

Regards,

Peter.

Well, it certainly sounded like more than one concertina, to me!

Regards,

Peter.

Sounded like one Anglo to me. I could be the editing, when sound line slipped due to careless mouse click and went unnoticed. Hate those things, it's so easy to move the sound track against the video, and all of the hard work trying to allign it is gone, and I didn't save it. Happens far too often.

BTW, I recommend Ulead Studio for amateur editing. Way better than iMovie or Windows Movie Maker, and cost only $80. Has all the features you really want from Adobe Premier plus some, easy to work with and is pretty professional for amateur program.

Two from last night 5 Feb

A reel on a Hohner

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u7RI5srWbMw

Temple Bar Music Festival

Thanks

I really liked the Hohner. Feels how difficult it is to play the instrument, but the sound is surprizingly good. Full bodied and with the character. And I confess, I liked the look of the concertina. With all the metal inforcements - very cool. Too bad the good ones don't have this kind of adornment.

M3838: You could always add them. That has possibilities. With racing stripes maybe I could play faster, and flames might be interesting. Is that what's meant by "hot rod stagi"?? :blink: :D

Found these tonite 7 Feb.

Padraig Rynne - Christy Barrys & Bye a while

Irish Music: two concertinas and flute

Padraig rynne, Brian Duke, Gerdy Thompson and Paddy Kerr

English Concertina for Beginners Part 1

Thanks

Edited by Leo

The Hohner guy certainly makes the most of a low-end instrument...

But who's the Temple Bar player? Does anyone know?

Daniel

A reel on a Hohner

Thanks

I really liked the Hohner. Feels how difficult it is to play the instrument, but the sound is surprizingly good. Full bodied and with the character. And I confess, I liked the look of the concertina. With all the metal inforcements - very cool. Too bad the good ones don't have this kind of adornment.

Daniel, I'm pretty sure it's Michael O'Raghallaigh. He was on the program for the festival and the style is certainly like his. We're not close enough in the video to be certain, but I'm pretty sure.

Tom Ryan

The Hohner guy certainly makes the most of a low-end instrument...

But who's the Temple Bar player? Does anyone know?

Daniel

A reel on a Hohner

Thanks

I couldn't pass this up.. She's adorable. Hopefully great things will come from this one. Could a Jeffries player be in the works. Subtitled "inspired by some rock and roll music": :D ;)

English Concertina for Beginners Part 2

Just a reminder that all of them seem to show up in this great collection:

http://youtube.com/group/concertina

Thanks

Edited by Leo

A myspace page for Last Night's Fun has a nice concertina intro on the "Watchmaker" (Chris Sherburn)

Here

That's a nice version of the Cliffs of Moher leading off the set. Had me stumped this morning though. So much so that I had to get out my English and thump along until the name came to me (duh). The band has a pleasant energy with a woody, craggy sound I find very appealing.