Stagi Concertina Question

Hi all

I'm just learning to play the Anglo Concertina and bought the Tedrow-Modified Stagi from Alex Jones. I noticed that the top row 5th and 6th buttons play opposite - that is, the 6th button plays what the 5th should and visa versa. I don't know how this happened - Maybe it's an easy fix? Any thoughts anyone? I suppose I could just learn to play it wrong but - hmmm

Margaret

Hi, Margaret

My C/G concertina has three rows of five buttons on each side. I describe the rows farthest from my palms as the "outer" rows; the ones closest as the "inner"; the ones between as the "middle." Does yours have the same layout? If it does, which buttons are you calling the 5th and 6th, and exactly what notes are being played on the push and pull of the buttons? If it doesn't have the same layout, describe the layout of your buttons and which buttons are the fifth and 6th.

Hi all

I'm just learning to play the Anglo Concertina and bought the Tedrow-Modified Stagi from Alex Jones. I noticed that the top row 5th and 6th buttons play opposite - that is, the 6th button plays what the 5th should and visa versa. I don't know how this happened - Maybe it's an easy fix? Any thoughts anyone? I suppose I could just learn to play it wrong but - hmmm

Margaret

My Stagi's 5th button on the right hand outer row had the reeds reveresed from standard Wheatstone layout. The reeds came to me with F on the push and A on the pull. It should have been A on the push and F on the pull. I notified the Button Box of this problem, sent the box back to them and they quickly remedied this for me. Perhaps this is an occasional problem with Stagis.

here's the deal in more detalia - -

on the right hand - there is a G row, a C row (the middle) and the row that plays c#/d#.

In this row (I call it the top row) the one that starts with c#/D# - the last two buttons seem to be reversed. The fourth button is supposed to play c#/d# but it plays f/a. the fifth button plays c#/d#.

Confusing?

Is the only way to change it to swap out the reed pans? aargh. thanks for all your help . m

Hi all

Margaret

That's actually the way it was when I bought it from Tedrow. I just learned to play it that way with the high c#/d# being on the end as if it were supposed to be there, and forgot that it was in the wrong place.

That button that is an f/a would be more useful as an a/f. This is a typical Stagi/Bastari thing. I just never used that one.