I Am A Criminal!

PeterT

See these:

STRANGE-BUT-TRUE LAWS

* It is legal for a male to urinate in public, as long it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hand

is on the vehicle

* A bed may not be hung out of a window

* Taxi drivers are required to ask all passengers if they have smallpox or the plague

* Any person found breaking a boiled egg at the sharp end will be sentenced to 24 hours in the village stocks (enacted by Edward VI)

* Any boy under the age of 10 may not see a naked mannequin

* Throughout the whole of England it is illegal to eat mince pies on the 25th of December

* It is illegal to be drunk on licensed premises

I plead guilty to the one highlighted :unsure: , as does my dear old mother. Unfortunately, one of her cats also swiped a minced pie. As yet, the cat has not entered a plea. :lol:

If I do not appear on this Forum for a while, fear the worst!

All best wishes for the remaining days of Christmas, and the New Year.

Peter.

See these:

STRANGE-BUT-TRUE LAWS

* It is legal for a male to urinate in public, as long it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hand

is on the vehicle

I had heard that a london Hansom cab driver may urinate on the wheel of his cab, but if he wishes to rely on this old set of regulations, he must have a bale of hay in the boot (US = trunk) as the same regulations specify this. Therefore, many London cab drivers have a small symbolic bale of hay a few inches long in the boot.

It is also allegedly legal to use a bow and arrow shoot a Welshman as long as you do so from the walls of the city of Chester. (Elsewhere, the authorities usually turn a blind eye anyway.) However, the same laws oblige every Englishman to practise with his longbow at the butts after church each sunday. (In certain public schools... make up your own pun involving weapons and practising at the butts... )

If I do not appear on this Forum for a while, fear the worst!

Ah hah! I always thought you had criminal tendencies - those dark eyebrows and nimble fingers! Watch your concertinas, boys!

Oh, and a happy New Year too.

Chris

I played my "Get out of Jail" card today, and am still at large:

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/se...p;p=1&tag=1

My fingers were a bit more nimble than is normal, on Boxing Day! :)

Happy New Year to Anne and yourself.

Regards,

Peter.

You can also be criminalised by singing Happy Birthday in the musically unlicensed pub as it is

1) copyright

2) pre-arranged rather than impromptu

(but you may be let off if you don't sing it in G or D as certain other instruments shouldn't be able to join in ;-)

See these:

STRANGE-BUT-TRUE LAWS

It is legal for a male to urinate in public, as long it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hand is on the vehicle

Peter.

What about your bike Peter?

Now I've been very guilty of that many, many times.

No handed too!

My seat has been on the seat though.

All the best wishes for the New Year.

Have just made a new bash of mince pies.

All mine got eaten on St Stephens day.

Chas

See these:

STRANGE-BUT-TRUE LAWS

It is legal for a male to urinate in public, as long it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hand is on the vehicle

Peter.

What about your bike Peter?

Not guilty, m'lud!! :D

All the best for the New Year, Chas

Regards,

Peter.