Cats

cats.

what is it about concertinas that they hate/love so much. they dont shut up when your playing, miaowing their little heads off one minute, slinking round your legs the next. i swear they're even worse with concertinas than with my fiddle.

does any one know why they go so wierd?

cats.

what is it about concertinas that they hate/love so much. they dont shut up when your playing, miaowing their little heads off one minute, slinking round your legs the next. i swear they're even worse with concertinas than with my fiddle.

does any one know why they go so wierd?

One cat ignores me, the other one miaows (sp?) and will even try to bite my toes!

They both take very little notice of DH playing fiddle.

Both cats hate me playing flute ... they leave the room. <_<

Chris

Ruben, my blue heeler pup goes nuts. He only sings when I play a reed instrument, harmonica or concertina. Never with my banjo or fiddle. And I'm quite certain he's actually trying to sing along with me when I play, not complaining or crying. Sometimes he just goes berserk, and his singing degenerates into barking. Other times, when he's feeling more subdued, he sings along quite nicely and carefully. He also has a squeeky turtle that he often takes into his mouth and squeeks quite nicely whilst singing when I play. If any of you care to hear him singing along with me on harmonica, you can listen to the song on his myspace page. Yes, despite not having opposable thumbs, my dog has a myspace page! It helps to have a high speed connection...

http://www.myspace.com/67198734

Our cat sees an instrument and flees, no not fleas, FLEES.

If she cannot escape she attempts to bite or spike either the instument or player, hence my developed repair techniques on bellows.

Actuually the problem is not her being a feline, but the feline being a her.... My daughters tend to react the same way to my playing. or perhaps its my playing????

Dave

my current cat has a total indifference to concertinas but seems to appreciate our groups harmony singing. My first 2 cats weren't to keen on the concertina but had a strange reaction to my ex's singing. If she was singing sat down they would run up her front and try to put their heads in her mouth. I was never sure whether they hated it or loved it and wanted to get nearer.

Cats who knows :blink:

My cat often gets quite happy when I play my concertina (an English), and is sometimes very insistent about jumping up into my lap as I play. Of course, that makes it kind of hard to play. He's couldn't care less about the wooden flute, and he generally leaves when I play the whistle, especially in the upper octave. No surprise there.

On the other hand, my dog doesn't seem to care one way or the other about the concertina or flute, but loves the whistle and will often sing along. She just makes a very quiet little howling sort of noise. It's just so incredibly cute! That also makes it hard to play -- I can't really keep good breath control when I'm laughing!

:)

Steven