Ebay Repeat

Paul Read

I bought it, looking for a cheap G/D, but returned it as it wasn't quite as described.

It's actually an Andrew Norman _Gremlin_, which isn't mentioned in the listing. I felt to describe it as "A C Norman made", but not mention it was a Gremlin was a bit misleading. I should also say there's nothing on the concertina to suggest it was made by Andrew Norman. Knowing Norman made Gremlins 25years ago - and not mentioning it's a Gremlin - suggests some careful economy with the truth.

It's all in tune, but some of the reeds are very very slow to respond, much slower than the cheap Hohner I started on, and the "A C Norman" boxes I've played with in the past. My wife actually said "Why do you keep missing out notes on that one?". All in all, a typical ebay concertina purchase!

Anyway, I returned it yesterday, 24 hour recorded delivery, so should be back with the seller today. I retain rights of ownership until my money is refunded!

There's some good information on these concertinas (including info from Andrew Norman himself) on this thread. The buyer that time was the seller this time and often sells instruments on eBay.

Daniel

I bought it, looking for a cheap G/D, but returned it as it wasn't quite as described.

It's actually an Andrew Norman _Gremlin_, which isn't mentioned in the listing. I felt to describe it as "A C Norman made", but not mention it was a Gremlin was a bit misleading. I should also say there's nothing on the concertina to suggest it was made by Andrew Norman. Knowing Norman made Gremlins 25years ago - and not mentioning it's a Gremlin - suggests some careful economy with the truth.

It's all in tune, but some of the reeds are very very slow to respond, much slower than the cheap Hohner I started on, and the "A C Norman" boxes I've played with in the past. My wife actually said "Why do you keep missing out notes on that one?". All in all, a typical ebay concertina purchase!

Anyway, I returned it yesterday, 24 hour recorded delivery, so should be back with the seller today. I retain rights of ownership until my money is refunded!