Bradfield Traditional Music Weekend 2007

I am pleased to announce that Jody Kruskal will be attending the weekend as part of his tour of the UK.Details of other guests will follow.

Oh great! And I was thinking of coming up this year anyway, as I had to miss it last year. A great festival, very music-centred, the sort of weekend you're still hugging yourself over months later.

Pippa

off to find the tent ...

Bradfield sounds like my idea of Valhalla.

Mark, thanks for inviting me. Looking forward to meeting you there Pippa. Sorry you won’t be there Chris.

For those who don’t know much about this mini festival, take a look at what Mark wrote to me about it.

“The BTMW is a very small intimate music weekend which over the last four years has attracted almost all the best traditional singers and musicians in the the UK and Ireland. There is camping on my farm. I clean the barn out and set up some barrels of beer so that when the pubs close people can come back and sing and play for as long as they like. The music takes place in the local pubs and on Saturday night we have a dance in the Bradfield Village Hall. It starts normally on Friday night and finishes on Sunday night. We also have talks and workshops on Saturday and Sunday morning.”

What could be better?

I am pleased to announce that Jody Kruskal will be attending the weekend as part of his tour of the UK.Details of other guests will follow.

Hi Jody, when I attended your workshop at the Warwick Folk Festival you threw your arms around me and gave me a kiss, (you mistook me for an old American friend).

Can I expect the same treatment if I go to Bradfield?

Mike

Hi Jody, when I attended your workshop at the Warwick Folk Festival you threw your arms around me and gave me a kiss, (you mistook me for an old American friend).

Mike

Ugh !! - reckon he must have been drinking meths :lol:

Much looking forward to what is always a great weekend !

( Put my name on a barrel Mark :) )

Dave

Mike

That was a rather embarrassing moment when it turned out that you weren't Tim Radford. You were very gracious, but don't expect a repeat performance.

Do you know Tim? He's an English guy, married to an American, Jan Elliot. Tim sings traditional songs and just put out a CD. Jan plays EC and there is a rumor that she will be on the next Alan Day concertina CD project playing a few tunes with my brother, Anglo playing Tom Kruskal.

Mike

That was a rather embarrassing moment when it turned out that you weren't Tim Radford. You were very gracious, but don't expect a repeat performance.

Do you know Tim? He's an English guy, married to an American, Jan Elliot. Tim sings traditional songs and just put out a CD. Jan plays EC and there is a rumor that she will be on the next Alan Day concertina CD project playing a few tunes with my brother, Anglo playing Tom Kruskal.

I will try and make the Weekend for a couple of days if possible,I really enjoyed last year.It will be nice to meet up with you again Jody there was a lot of unfinished playing that needs rectifying and of course with all my mates up there.

Shoosh about Jan and Tom it's a secret.

Al

Tally-ho! See you there, Jody!

Ref: Valhalla

According to Nordic mythology, an important dweller in the place is the pig Særrimner,

who has the interesting ability that it can be eaten - feeding all inhabitans, only to be fully

restored the next day, ready to be prepared and eaten again.

Feel free to make up a concertina association to that :D :D

/Henrik

Mike

Hi Mike,

If Jody doesn't give you a hug, I will in gratitude for that Lachenal I bought from you.