New Tedrow 30 Button Anglo Standard Model

viejomc

I bought an old Lachenal 22 button Anglo early summer this year and practiced until one of the reeds cracked. One bad note sort of diminishes the desire to play the instrument. So I ordered a Tedrow Standard 30 button model. I've had my new Tedrow Concertina for nearly 2 months. It sure is easy to play, just fits my hands better than the Lachenal. Perhaps it would have been wiser to have the Lachenal repaired, but I just couldn't wait. It will eventually be repaired.

I appreciate Frank Edgely's book, very helpful in my transition to a 30 button box. And I'm thankful for this site and especially the tunes that you guys have posted. The playing of Jim Lucas, although he is playing EC, has helped me tone down my hard aggressive method. I really have to work at not sounding like a bull in a china cabinet.

Here's a clip I recorded Thanksgiving Day on the Tedrow. Slieve Russel_Blarney Pilgrim I have no idea how this is supposed to be played. Both tunes were in my whistle tunebook.

I have no idea how this is supposed to be played.

Hi viejomc,

In the beginning, you play the tunes with the instrument held in front of you and either standing or seated. After some experience you can play it held behind your back. The prone position is most difficult although some would argue that standing on your head while playing is equally difficult. :lol:

You've made some nice sounding tunes. What devices did you use to record them?

I enjoyed those very much indeed! Bravo! They are two of my favorite jigs, but I had never thought of coupling them before. You have inspired me to employ a drone on the ole Blarney Pilgrim.

I look forward to hearing more from you. ;)

Edited by Mark Evans

In the beginning, you play the tunes with the instrument held in front of you and either standing or seated. After some experience you can play it held behind your back. The prone position is most difficult although some would argue that standing on your head while playing is equally difficult. :lol:

You've made some nice sounding tunes. What devices did you use to record them?

I was laying on my back in the floor with my left elbow against the wall for support. ;)

I use a CAD E-350 studio mic, a Mackie 1202 VLZ mixer, and a simple sound-blaster card in the computer. Software is Adobe Audition, which used to be Cool Edit Pro. I run a noise reduction on the track afterwards to take out computer fan noise and any internet connection noise that may pop in while recording. And then some reverb added to give it a little presence. Could probably do better with a good sound card, but would rather spend the money on musical instruments and other more fun toys. Using the mixer I'm able to add other tracks while listening to previously recorded tracks through headphones.